• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Venom

Mick..

You are on a Body Building forum
Do you really think that no-one here has actually Done a proper "Clean cut" before in their lives?
I bet over 83% of the members here have done a typical bodybuilder cut diet where they had nothing but lean meats and steamed veges and drank water and no soft drinks.

Then the day comes where they finish the diet and gorge on all the junkie shit they've been craving and it's like heaven.

We get it.
you live in a rural area, you eat natural foods, and dislike junk/processed food.
That's great mate.

Doesn't mean that you have working taste buds and the rest of us don't.
and not everyone feels like vomiting when they have their first maccas family meal after a 12 week cut.

Do you like beer?

This is it. Who hasn't eaten what is considered clean natural foods for a period of time. On a BB forum most have at one stage or another and many haven't had the things happen that Mick describes when they eat Maccas or junk food.

Mick your not the only one who eat "clean" foods.

So because someone has numbed taste buds (which by the way is a fact for a huge part of the population)

Also, you said this was fact.
I'm still waiting for a study which states this as fact.

Huge part of the population.... I would assume is over 50% right?
what is that.. about 12 million people in aus who have been clinically diagnosed with "Numbed taste buds"?

where do you get this shit?
same place I pulled 83% of forum members in my last post?

On the maccas topic. I reckon it does taste like shit.
Would much rather go to a burger place, or a fish and chip shop and get a big pile of slop wrapped up. Tastes amazing

On the maccas topic. I reckon it does taste like shit.
Would much rather go to a burger place, or a fish and chip shop and get a big pile of slop wrapped up. Tastes amazing

I agree fish and chips is better than Maccas but I supposedly have numbed taste bud disease.

I have heard that companies can add glycine a cheap amino acid to bump up the protein levels of a powder.

Glycine won't actually increase protein levels, however some amino acids will.
It all depends on the nitrogen content of the individual amino acids, and they all vary a lot.

As it happens, Glycine is probably a popular addition at 19% nitrogen, however if a company simply added Glycine to a whey protein isolate then it would slightly reduce the protein content, but not to a significant degree (average nitrogen content of the amino acids in whey is slightly higher than this).

If a company wanted to raise the nitrogen content of their proteins then Histidine would be a good one to add, as it is 27% Nitrogen.
I have no doubts that some U.S companies have developed some hybrid amino acid combinations which perfectly match the nitrogen levels of whey, however any individual amino acid analysis (lab test) on a protein will determine if it has been altered.

164 posts and less then a handful are constructive.

Big reason i stopped reading bb.com years ago, its hard for people to come in and sift through all the shit.

Admins - Can we have this thread cleaned up? This is supplement reviews...

Big reason i stopped reading bb.com years ago, its hard for people to come in and sift through all the shit.

Although this has gone a bit off topic, it's a really good discussion IMO.

I respect micks attitude to his food choices, albeit not very logical, but he's working through it.

No thread stays 100% on topic. No biggie.

Mick..

You are on a Body Building forum
Do you really think that no-one here has actually Done a proper "Clean cut" before in their lives?

Then the day comes where they finish the diet and gorge on all the junkie shit they've been craving and it's like heaven.

I have been on a clean cut for the last few months, the last month especially has been really strict. Plain old chicken and veg. No sauces. This cut finishes on Saturday.
But come Saturday arvo I am looking forward to my binge on pizza and a few wild turkeys!!

I have been on a clean cut for the last few months, the last month especially has been really strict. Plain old chicken and veg. No sauces. This cut finishes on Saturday.
But come Saturday arvo I am looking forward to my binge on pizza and a few wild turkeys!!

Why you eating like that?? Food must be enjoyable, I don't eat anything I don't enjoy, I love my food, it's all very tasty and enjoyable to eat. Why wouldn't it be a clean cut if the food tasted great?? Why no sauce? If you want sauce that is.

Add some herbs and flavours to your plain chicken and it will be delicious, then have some nice steak the next day with a huge salad, etc etc if I ate plain chicken and veggies every day I would be ready to kill myself in a week, I don't think I eat the same thing twice in a fortnight.

Why you eating like that?? I have been asked to do a photo shoot so set myself a challenge to see what shape I could get my self in.Food must be enjoyable, I don't eat anything I don't enjoy, I love my food, it's all very tasty and enjoyable to eat. Why wouldn't it be a clean cut if the food tasted great?? Why no sauce? If you want sauce that is. I love my food as well. American mustard on chicken that's my sauce, but have cut this out and all sodium recently.

Add some herbs and flavours to your plain chicken and it will be delicious, then have some nice steak the next day with a huge salad, etc etc if I ate plain chicken and veggies every day I would be ready to kill myself in a week, I don't think I eat the same thing twice in a fortnight. Yes I normally do have some spices etc on my food, and I love a good steak. I am only doing this diet once, but it has been good to see personally what I can achieve. I am looking forward to Saturday when I will be having a binge on some junk food. Today is my carb up day :)

Answered above,
Cheers

Why you eating like that?? Food must be enjoyable, I don't eat anything I don't enjoy, I love my food, it's all very tasty and enjoyable to eat. Why wouldn't it be a clean cut if the food tasted great?? Why no sauce? If you want sauce that is.

Add some herbs and flavours to your plain chicken and it will be delicious, then have some nice steak the next day with a huge salad, etc etc if I ate plain chicken and veggies every day I would be ready to kill myself in a week, I don't think I eat the same thing twice in a fortnight.

Lol.

The same guy talking about eating nothing but clean fresh food asking why someone is eating like a proper perfect clean body building cut.

Add sauce?
serious?
from you?

For someone being all high and mighty about how good and tasty and natural his food is... do you know what is in a typical tomato sauce??

INGREDIENTS: TOMATO CONCENTRATE FROM RED RIPE TOMATOES, DISTILLED VINEGAR, HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, CORN SYRUP, SALT, SPICE, ONION POWDER, NATURAL FLAVORING.

Still haven't got an answer if you like beer mick.

Last edited:

...no way, let em go - this is funny as shit, loving the 'it is a fact that a huge % of the population has numbed taste buds' - another piece of big mick gold!

Lol.

The same guy talking about eating nothing but clean fresh food asking why someone is eating like a proper perfect clean body building cut.

Add sauce?
serious?
from you?

For someone being all high and mighty about how good and tasty and natural his food is... do you know what is in a typical tomato sauce??

INGREDIENTS: TOMATO CONCENTRATE FROM RED RIPE TOMATOES, DISTILLED VINEGAR, HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, CORN SYRUP, SALT, SPICE, ONION POWDER, NATURAL FLAVORING.

Still haven't got an answer if you like beer mick.

Plain chicken breast and veggies is boring as shit and no need for it unless that is what you like, I would kill myself after a week, Adding garlic, onion, herbs, spices, pepper corns etc to it will not make it any less healthy or perfect but will make it damn tasty.

What is wrong with sauce?? Heinz Organic Ketchup has 126 calories and 0.02 grams of fat per 100gram or 42 calories for a huge serving, with all neutral ingredients, no sugars and tastes delicious, if you can't allow for 42 calories to have some flavour on your food you have a problem.

Nice try, but no cigar for you, that ingredients list is not a typical ingredients list, unless you sourced your sauce from somewhere in the US of A, We generally do not use High Fructose Corn Syrup in any products made here, it's mostly only found in products imported from the USA. Plus even if that was a typical ingredients list a table spoon sized serving will hardly affect you life or diet in any way.

Your arguments reek of a lock of common sense and normality, you can eat healthy foods without being an idiot, but there is no point filling your gut with rubbish, when you can have something that tastes twice as good for half the price and is actually benefiting your body at the same time.

It's about using some common sense and looking at what you are eating, and tasting it

Bigmick quotes

"I've concluded no fry pan lasts forever."
"Wheat does not want to be eaten"
"A huge part of the populations taste buds are dead"

I'm sure there is more profundity

Plain chicken breast and veggies is boring as shit and no need for it unless that is what you like, I would kill myself after a week, Adding garlic, onion, herbs, spices, pepper corns etc to it will not make it any less healthy or perfect but will make it damn tasty.

What is wrong with sauce?? Heinz Organic Ketchup has 126 calories and 0.02 grams of fat per 100gram or 42 calories for a huge serving, with all neutral ingredients, no sugars and tastes delicious, if you can't allow for 42 calories to have some flavour on your food you have a problem.

Nice try, but no cigar for you, that ingredients list is not a typical ingredients list, unless you sourced your sauce from somewhere in the US of A, We generally do not use High Fructose Corn Syrup in any products made here, it's mostly only found in products imported from the USA. Plus even if that was a typical ingredients list a table spoon sized serving will hardly affect you life or diet in any way.

Your arguments reek of a lock of common sense and normality, you can eat healthy foods without being an idiot, but there is no point filling your gut with rubbish, when you can have something that tastes twice as good for half the price and is actually benefiting your body at the same time.

It's about using some common sense and looking at what you are eating, and tasting it

Sauce is mostly sugar with varying amounts of salt. I thought if you had perfect taste buds you wouldn't need that. Maybe you have the numbed taste buds.

Table spoon serving size of sauce is ok but well less than a gram of salt isn't. There is probably more salt in most sauces than most people put on food and zero sugar in salt.