• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Venom

Please test and do a review on all flavours, looking for a new protein powder, as the BN flavours just do not stack up. Problem is NB flavours were awesome, mango, vanilla, choc honeycomb, like heaven, but unfortunaly did not contain any protein.

The only BULK non brand name protein i have found that tastes any good is BULK POWDERS, all the flavours are great.

BN, Venom etc do not cut it for me and believe me I have tried them all. I spend a few hundred per month and it all goes on Bulk Powders goods.

Looking forward to seeing the results of Venom as well.
Something doesn't seem 100% with this product.
The product tastes are not that bad. It was the way it mixed that concerned me, it just seemed to light of a mix and powder just didn't seem to be as dense as other proteins I have consumed.
I stopped using after 3 weeks as I was unsure about the product and the fact that it didn't seem to give me the fullness like some shakes.

I've tried the Venom sample pack.

I thought that all of the flavours tasted pretty similar, kinda caramely.

Except watermelon, that was nasty.

Went with Bulk Nutrients, tastes better IMHO. Though they could do with more flavour too. Chocolate that tastes like chocolate would be good. Just the cocoa powder, not sugar.

x2

Need to make a new order but would have some piece of mind knowing its some quality stuff

Has been sent off to the lab last Friday , takes about 10 working days but expect it will be a bit sooner.

Testing 4 flavors, Vanilla, Choc, Butter scotch and Rocky Road.

3 x 50g shakes per day x 2 (hubby)

Yeah 10kg a month
Plus 1kg of BCAA, Pre workout, beta Al and all the other SUPPS.

A few hundred per month easy.

Far out, Thats about 130g of protein just from powder per day.

You don't like meat?

I believe the powder should only supplement a diet, not make up more then 1/4 of it.

Mabey that's just me.

All the other sups are a waste of money too, You should not need pre work out.... Its all in the mind.

Only other supp i buy is a green blend called SAN Green fusion (Google it) , the rest is all a gimmick

Last edited:
1 shake is a post workout, 1 is before bed and the other is during the day. Yes I still have 3 other meals with a serve of Tuna/Chicken/Turkey etc plus plenty of other stuff.

The protein powder actually is only to supplement my intake.

I had emailed Venom this morning asking what % there WPI protein is,

there response was

Natural = 92.9g per 100g
Flavored = 87.8g per 100g

Fingers crossed the lab test back these up.

That response from Venom is about right. Most flavoured WPIs should be around the 88% Protein mark, hopefully the lab tests indicate that!

I got my sample pack from Venom last week, and have been trying them out.

When I opened the mail bag, I got hit in the face by a big burst of powder dust like I was at a Colombian cartel's houseparty, then realised that one of the sample packs had burst in transit. Looks like it was the caramel one, which doesn't faze me at all since I don't really care for caramel.

So far I've had the rocky road, vanilla, watermelon, cookie and cream, and banana.

What I can say is that after being accustomed to BN's petite flavour levels, having Venom was a smack in the face flavourwise. Not overpowering as I add twice as much milk than prescribed, but if I used any less than it would probably be a bit too much for me. Watermelon was odd and not one I would necessarily go for (never heard of watermelon milkshake in my life and this tasting explained why :eek:), banana was like drinking liquified banana shaped lollies. Oh and the cookies and cream tasted like some one chucked half a packed of cookies in there.

So all in all so far its not too bad flavour-wise if you're into intense milkshakes, if not then just add twice as much milk/water!

WOW just blows my mind how people have different taste, I tipped most of my sample down the sink, absolutely vile, still have a few left to try and don't really want to as I think I would throw up.

Cookies and cream had no cookies taste at all just tasted like a chemical cocktail.

My reviews are here, will try another one now and add it, I am feeling brave:p

http://ausbb.com/showthread.php?t=25774

By the way my initial reagent test did not qualify this stuff as protein powder either:rolleyes:

Received my sample pack of Venom Protein this morning, contains 10 different flavours but for some reason I only got 9 (looks like I missed out on the Watermelon :mad:), and I will be doing a taste review on every one as I try them.

The sample pack cost $20 delivered, and came with a $20 discount voucher for my next order, so I suppose in theory the sample pack is free.

However I feel it's going to be a waste of time as I tested one sample this morning and things were not promising at all.:rolleyes:

This is what came in the mail:

Now I still had a Bulk Nutrients test kit left, so I though I put it to good use, and the results are not looking great…..this is supposed to be black if it is protein powder:mad: :

By the way my initial reagent test did not qualify this stuff as protein powder either:rolleyes:

Well that's a worry, if I understand that test correctly it appears to be high carb/low protein mix. What is this, a mass gainer? :D

Good thing I am trying to actually put on weight then!

Yeah if you have overly sensitive tastebuds then add more liquid I reckon. I think that chemical taste you're referring to is the aftertaste, I suggest use milk next time as its less noticeable, with water the artificialness is accentuated.