• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Very basic supplements (i.e. the required/proven ones)

maxwolfie

I've always just used WPC/WPI and Creatine..... I'm looking on the Bulk Nutrients site and contemplating try a couple of other things.. No idea where to start though.

What's your off-day concoctions, pre/post workout drinks etc?

I've always just used WPC/WPI and Creatine..... I'm looking on the Bulk Nutrients site and contemplating try a couple of other things.. No idea where to start though.

Buy vitmain C...

Beta alanine...

Yep, taking a "one a day" men's multivitamin and fish oil daily.

How does beta alanine work? Dosages? When/where/how etc?

EDIT: Did some reading. Understand very basics now. 4g daily (not sure when though? - Preworkout and mornings of "off days"?).. optional 6g loading for 2 weeks.

Anything else other than Beta Alanine?

Last edited:
Never really ****ed around with supplements as gotta spend up on other things - but will look forward to replies. Only ever really done powder, small bit of creatine, multi, fish oil and so forth.

Mate if your starting up the best bet is stick to good WHOLE foods and ofcourse the staples:
Whey Protein
Multi-Vitamin
Creatine
Fish oil
Vitamin C
B Complex Tab (those cenovis 250 tab bottles)
Beta alanine imo is optional (2g a day should be fine, pre w/o and post)

If you just utilise those basic supps and train hard you'll see the results come damn fast!
-remember chicken alone has a decent amount of glutamine and other great amino acids, and so will a good quality whey protein, its tempting to fall into the folly of spending big with this mass stack and the latest "get huge" formula but you'd be surprised how far you can go without throwing all that money and great marketing campaigns!

Just for kicks if you want all the secondary supps your looking at:
BCAA's
Glutamine
Cla/HMB
Arganine
ZMA
and the list goes on and on....!

Last edited:

You can start supplementing with carbohydrates. I've read some of your posts and it appears to me that you're following a keto diet. Here you are asking about supplementation when you in actual fact have done away with a whole macro food! One of the most anabolic foods of all is carbohydrate. Look at its name then see what muscles are made of and how they contract, for only then you may begin to appreciate such a macro.

It’s all about balance here, and energy as well as recovery is part and parcel of that balance whether your aim is to lose some fat or gain some muscles; balance is here to stay and anything that would disturb it would be met with a forceful retaliation from your wise body if not sooner, then later…guaranteed!

Are you allergic to carbs or are you simply following one man's advice?

Fadi.

Last edited:
You can start supplementing with carbohydrates. I've read some of your posts and it appears to me that you're following a keto diet. Here you are asking about supplementation when you in actual fact have done away with a whole macro food! One of the most anabolic foods of all is carbohydrate. Look at its name then see what muscles are made of and how they contract, for only then you may begin to appreciate such a macro.

It’s all about balance here, and energy as well as recovery is part and parcel of that balance whether your aim is to lose some fat or gain some muscles; balance is here to stay and anything that would disturb it would be met with a forceful retaliation from your wise body if not sooner, then later…guaranteed!

Are you allergic to carbs or are you simply following one man's advice?

Fadi.

I've been off the keto diet for a couple of months now :) I'm eating carbs like a mofo.

EDIT: I'll need to put this order in today. So far I'm sticking with WPC and a KG of Beta Alanine. Any last takers?

Last edited: