• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Vomiting from training

wingman

Super M0derator
Hey guys

Seems whenever I reach a certain intensity level (eg after work sets of squats), I need to barf

ive experimented with eating before gym, not eating before gym, drinking lots, not drinking lots. Same result.

how do I find a root cause? Or what other things can I try?
or is the answer simply taking it a bit easier in gym (I'm not deliberately going hard, it's no more work than the average pundit)

Happy to take a spoon of cement repacked, but I'd bring that up as well.

any serious answers?

Are you sure it's not a symptom of anything or caused by intra-abdominal pressure while squatting? Do you suffer from reflux or anything, or do you feel it's just from the intensity?

Congrats for not starting the thread with "Hi Guys" or ending with "Discuss"

P.S. I've deleted the other homophobic but very amusing comments I was going to post :)

Are you sure it's not a symptom of anything or caused by intra-abdominal pressure while squatting? Do you suffer from reflux or anything, or do you feel it's just from the intensity?
Never got anything like that outside of the gym
seems to go away or at least be less frequent when I'm in shape. Very frequent when I'm not

I'd just back off a little. The negatives of vomiting and your body being in that state outweigh any perceived positives of pushing harder. Unless you puke and somehow feel like a million bucks and can have a great workout 0_o

Does it just happen with squats? Or do you get it with other leg exercises (eg leg press) or other similarly taxing movements which involves the valsalva maneuver?

What rep scheme are we talking about before you approach chunder territory.

We're here for you bro.

resized_top-gun-meme-generator-you-never-never-leave-your-wingman-4dba03.jpg

I'd just back off a little. The negatives of vomiting and your body being in that state outweigh any perceived positives of pushing harder. Unless you puke and somehow feel like a million bucks and can have a great workout 0_o

Yea I'll try backing off a bit. Seems my temperature soars and its a defense mechanism by body. Come to think of it, Im fairly warm often, ie didnt own a heater during winter and made do

Does it just happen with squats? Or do you get it with other leg exercises (eg leg press) or other similarly taxing movements which involves the valsalva maneuver?

What rep scheme are we talking about before you approach chunder territory.

Had a fairly long layoff for a variety of reasons and put myself back on PTC beginners prog until I catch back up to where i was. Usually happens either after the squats or after the bench.

I googled valsalva, do you think it could be happening due to breathing wrong on reps? Sounds funny to think one needs to breathe correctly :p

Have you tried taking the butt plug out? Or at least using a shorter length one?

Had a fairly long layoff for a variety of reasons and put myself back on PTC beginners prog until I catch back up to where i was. Usually happens either after the squats or after the bench.

I googled valsalva, do you think it could be happening due to breathing wrong on reps? Sounds funny to think one needs to breathe correctly :p

Ok well yeah, in that case it's just your body telling you that you're reaching your physical limit based on your current conditioning, give it a week or two and it should bugger off. At least you're not peeing and shatting yourself too. Otherwise there's the dilemma of, which one should I stop first, and in which order??

I had the thought that you would valsalva like a boss already, with the heavy squats and DL's that you used to do.

Ok well yeah, in that case it's just your body telling you that you're reaching your physical limit based on your current conditioning, give it a week or two and it should bugger off. At least you're not peeing and shatting yourself too. Otherwise there's the dilemma of, which one should I stop first, and in which order??

I had the thought that you would valsalva like a boss already, with the heavy squats and DL's that you used to do.

Yea maybe you're right. I dont get why it always takes months for me to get in shape :(