• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Vomiting from training

I'd have to agree with Darkoz [MENTION=9159]wingman[/MENTION] ; I have chucked several times during heavy training and it is cos I am terribly unfit.

It's usually lactic acid that causes you to feel crook in the guts. So yeah not fit enough for your workout. You'll get over it eventually.

Yea makes sense.
How come it takes so long :(
It depends on your previous level of fitness and how long you've been training during your lifetime.

obviously if someone started working out at a young age and continue to do so then they'll bounce back much quicker after an extended layoff.

Bear in mind if someone is doing a 'powerlifting' style routine then they'll run out gas much sooner, it's not the best way to get in shape.

It depends on your previous level of fitness and how long you've been training during your lifetime.

obviously if someone started working out at a young age and continue to do so then they'll bounce back much quicker after an extended layoff.

Bear in mind if someone is doing a 'powerlifting' style routine then they'll run out gas much sooner, it's not the best way to get in shape.

Powerlifters run out of gas wiping their arse.

In the mean time keep a bucket handy.

although spewing is not ideal, it's indicating you're pushing hard for your level of condition you're at, which is good.

keep pushing

It's usually lactic acid that causes you to feel crook in the guts. So yeah not fit enough for your workout. You'll get over it eventually.

Yerp. This is it. I used to get that quite a lot with short rest breaks and high reps. Then I took up powerlifting and have not had the "crossfitter's curse" since.

If I feel nauseous I turn into a whiney bitch. If I am in bed, no way am I getting up to barf. That's what the floor is for.

Lactic acid is a by product of the energy system, helps the muscle to keep going, when there is a lack of oxygen but ultimately causes fatigue.

aint got nothing to do with blowing chunks boys.

Lactic acid is a by product of the energy system, helps the muscle to keep going, when there is a lack of oxygen but ultimately causes fatigue.

aint got nothing to do with blowing chunks boys.

Lactic acid is produced by anaerobic respiration and high levels of lactic acid in the blood stream can cause nausea along with other symptoms.

Yes.
more often than not your guts are reacting to strenuous activity.

as with everything the body wants you to stop.

Hadn't heard of that before so I looked it up on some pharmacy websites. Seems to be prescription only? Do you think it'd help or should I just be more patient?
It's not a matter of I think it helps, I know it helps. It helped back in 1984 when switching from low rep Olympic weightlifting squatting, to the (then) very high killer bodybuilding reps of 10. When 5 reps was a rarity coming from weightlifting, 10 was certainly hellish. Yes, the doctor won't have an issue prescribing it. It stops your diaphragm from doing certain things which causes you to throw up. It's that simple. Once you use it a few times (and go through that pain barrier or whatever it is that is troubling you), your body adapts (gets fitter) and you won't need it after that..., ever!

http://arbl.cvmbs.colostate.edu/hbooks/pathphys/digestion/stomach/vomiting.html

All the best tiger.

On the topix of barf, what exercises have most found to carry the highest risk of brekky regurgitation? I'll start.
- Squats
- Leg Press
- HIIT
- Superman planks