• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

weak core...

T

Timguyperson

Just wondering, I seem to be only really gaining on my arms and delts. My core is shit, shit chest, shit lats, shit stomach, and shit back. What sort of exercise routine should I do to fix this problem? Like how often should i exercise, and what exercises, and which parts of my core on which days?

Currently training at home so I've only got 2 dumbbells and a bench press, but I have a place to do pull ups and dips. Can't afford gym right now.

Thanks.

Squats and deadlifts will strengthen the core.
I'm not sure chest is considered part of the core but if you are benching and dipping your chest should respond given adequate nutrition.

Maybe that's why I haven't had any progress with my core, I haven't really been doing squats or dead lifts. I'll start tomorrow on them. How many sets? And how many reps for each? Can I do clean and press instead of dead lifts? How about chucking in a calf raising exercise on the same day, and making that a workout for a day?

lol only one of those things is considered core. Do squats and deadlifts tho i do them from time to time and they always help. (i only do them from time to time cause i pussy out)

You can do clean and press but because you have to press the bar a lighter weight has to be used. I prefer heavy deads for the core and back.

I also do not do deads and squats on the same day, it's too taxing on the body. Separate them by at least 1 day in between.

Did 3x12 deadlifts on heavy weight. Dropped the weight down and did the whole clean and press movement, and then without the deadlift for the last set. 6 sets in all, but honestly I'm stuffed haha. Sweating like a pig, that was an awesome all body workout. Cheers for the recommendations.