• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What am i doing wrong?

C

coop

I cant burn fat. It feels like my gut is getting bigger and its really getting me down.

I just need to burn that last inch or two and i'll look cut. U can see the muscle in my gut coming through, i just need to strip that little bit of fat.

I'm basically doing 3 full body weight sessions a week which are extrememly intense and leave me totally fatigued and sweating like a pig.

I also do 2 HIIT cardio sessions, which vary depending on how my knee feels. But everytime im push myself very hard.

My diet:

Brekky 6am:Low Gi Muesli, zero carb protein shake, green tea, 2 thermogenic fat burner tablets

9am: Boiled chicken and salad wholemeal low Gi wrap.

11.30am: I train

12.45pm: Low gi boiled chicken and salad sandwich, tin of Tuna, 2 rice cakes

3pm: Tin of tuna

4pm:Zero carb protein shake

5.30pm:Either steak, pasta or stirfry

On weekends i will endulge in some takeaway, but lately ive been choosing healthier options like Singapore Noodles.

Ive even almost cut all grog out. If i have a couple of beers, its Low Carb beer.

Ive gone from eating as much as i liked to the above and havent seen any results. So why am i not getting anywhere?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

The lower your body fat percentage the harder it is to lower it further. The only thing you can do is continue until the job is done. Also keep going after cause you will wanna maintain muscle and low bf cause chicks dig it ;)

I re-read what you said and it has lots of low carb stuff. Im sure i read somewhere that if you combine carbs with protien its a better combo especially after and before workouts. Better in that it promotes muscle growth more. I could be wrong but I dont think so.

Last edited:
I disagree kindred- there is a crap load of carbs in that diet.

Personally, find best way to strip fat is to really limit carbs. Ditch the muesli, wrap, sandwich, rice cakes, pasta and singapore noodles. And singapore noodles involve egg noodles stir fried in crap loads of oil. Go and have a look at a recipe for these suckers- you'll be surprised.

Any fibre you need should come from low carb veggies like broccoli, cauliflower, beans, spinach.

Yeah lots of carbs there, you need more veg like Bree said.

And the last inch or two from the gut is the hardest most stubborn, exercise resistant fat in the entire universe!!! It sucks man, it really does.

you got to go spartan, NO beer, NO take away (not forever, just til the guts gone), but don't starve your self.
Count the cals in your current diet, cals in ver cals out.

And drink lots and lots of water.

Lots of hard work but don't give up, its worth it!!!

All you can do is stick to a low carb diet & continue with cardio.My bodyshape is your classic endomorph,but i have competed.I lose 15 to 20kg to get ripped.It is very hard to be lean all yearround unless you are totally focused & prepared to change.Best of luck,dont give up.

Thanx for your responses guys and girls.

My problem with low carb diets is that im always hungry and i cant stand that. I did it mondat to friday and relaxed a little on weekends for 6 months and i was very lean, but it took so much out of me mentally that when i stopped, i actually had no motivation to train for 3 months. It made the 6 months of hell worthless.

I don't know how you could be hungry on a low carb diet. I always find a tin of tuna a lot more satifying and more filling than a slice of bread. Are you trying to tell me you find potatoes more filling than a steak?

The other thing is learning to listen to your body's signals. A lot of the time we think we are hungry, but taste buds are just craving something. Know this because I just had an epic battle in the supermarket checking out the Red Tulip Caramel easter eggs.

I don't know how you could be hungry on a low carb diet. I always find a tin of tuna a lot more satifying and more filling than a slice of bread. Are you trying to tell me you find potatoes more filling than a steak?

The other thing is learning to listen to your body's signals. A lot of the time we think we are hungry, but taste buds are just craving something. Know this because I just had an epic battle in the supermarket checking out the Red Tulip Caramel easter eggs.

Oh Bree, if i wasnt married.................the whole reason i want to cut my body fat down is so i can enjoy all the Red Tulip i want over easter. I crave the stuff every year.

And yea, i do find potatoe more filling than steak. Seriously, i cant satisfy my hunger without carbs.

For five minutes!

Man, now I am thinking of those damn easter eggs again. Thankfully I am in a country town where I am too scared to walk down the street by myself to get to the supermarket. Give me Kings X late at night anytime. At least there are street lights.