• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What are people using these days...

what about malto/dextrose to carb load after a workout? You wouldnt want to be just drinking protein without any carbs after a workout do you.

Why have anything post workout? Why not just have a preworkout and then have a meal later on at home?

Well I have a preworkout meal 3hrs before, but immediately after workout I want protein. From what I gather just protein on its own after workout isnt enough, I need some 2:1 carbs/protein ratio.
About half hour later I eat post workout meal.

Well I have a preworkout meal 3hrs before, but immediately after workout I want protein. From what I gather just protein on its own after workout isnt enough, I need some 2:1 carbs/protein ratio.

Read some of maxbrenners threads, he backs up everything with perr reviewed literature.
It doesn't matter a shit what you have post workout, the digestion process works different to that, same as the 6 meals a day, its all marketing bull shit mate.

what about malto/dextrose to carb load after a workout? You wouldnt want to be just drinking protein without any carbs after a workout do you.

Hi mate... Don't really need dextrose....

If you want some carb... Eat a slice of white bread...

As per Rams post... Its not about what you eat post workout... Its what you ate for the whole day....

Max B has done well to educate all us wannabe's on here....

Remembering that the protein you ate for breakfast, lunch, preworkout etc... Is still digesting...

I have stopped using fish oil - heard it was bad for the immune system and I was having a shit time with colds/flu/throat infections...since I stopped not sure if its made a diff or not.
According to this article (please check reference #40) where we're informed that it's the EPA and not the DHA part of the omega 3 fatty acids that is the culprit for the immune suppressant that you're alluding to brother Joel. http://www.benbest.com/health/dha.html

I take this: http://www.iherb.com/Carlson-Labs-Norwegian-Cod-Liver-Oil-Lemon-Flavor-16-8-fl-oz-500-ml/2804?at=0 where there is to be found 500mg of DHA to 400mg EPA, a ratio I'm more comfortable with than what one gets via capsule form.

Take care.

PS: With the 1 teaspoon (5ml) of fish oil, I also take 100iu of vitamin E to take care of any possible oxidation of the very fragile and highly unstable omega 3 fatty acids.

Fadi.

Last edited:

If anything have a preworkout shake with your carbs and protein and then you are set until your next meal. The preworkout insulin spike is enough to carry you through and even then the carbs are not essential if protein (especially leucine) is adequately provided as protein spikes insulin.

As stated though your total daily macros and calories are much more important in the long run that the minuscule effect from peri workout nutrition.