• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What are your Top 3 supplements

coolhand78

There's so much stuff out there and it would take a lifetime to read all the studies and marketing bullshit (from what i can tell they cross over a bit), I wanna cut to the chase and find out from more experienced folk, what are your top 3 supplements...

I'd imagine a protein shake of some description, probably goes with out saying, but what about all the other shit out there.. HMB, creatine, glutamine, testosterone boosters yada yada...

if you could only choose three what would you choose...?

1. Craze and 1,3 Dimeth
2. EAA's
3. Nothing else really (legal anyway)

Last edited:
Protein powder

Creatine

Nothing else worth wasting your cash on.

money is better spent on buying food.

carbs in the morning
snack
carbs and protien for lunch
snack
carbs and protien for dinner
snack

exercise hard as much as you can, and only enough to stimulate growth.

Stay cool

drink a lot of iced water

watch the the fat leave and the muscle stay.

money is better spent on buying food.

carbs in the morning
snack
carbs and protien for lunch
snack
carbs and protien for dinner
snack

exercise hard as much as you can, and only enough to stimulate growth.

Stay cool

drink a lot of iced water

watch the the fat leave and the muscle stay.

Why iced water? Is that something to do with the body using energy to bring it up to body temp or something?

I need to learn a LOT about diet... ;)

Drinking Iced water during the day and through a workout is better than room temperature for burning fat.

The trick is, burning fat and building muscle at the same time, rather than the "cutting and bulking" cycles bodybuilding wannabes go through.
that always ends badly.

Op just google iifym and download my fitness pal app.

Silverback has has lost his fucking mind. Ice water lol what the fuck

the only sups worth taking are protein, creating, steroids & melanotan if you want to turn an unhealthy shade of orange

Last edited:
Drinking Iced water during the day and through a workout is better than room temperature for burning fat.

The trick is, burning fat and building muscle at the same time, rather than the "cutting and bulking" cycles bodybuilding wannabes go through.
that always ends badly.
Have you got a study for that Silverbeat?

Op just google iifym and download my fitness pal app.

Silverback has has lost his fucking mind. Ice water lol what the fuck

the only sups worth taking are protein, creating, steroids & melanotan if you want to turn an unhealthy shade of orange

Sorry man you've confused me a bit... Are you saying iced water has no effect and that protein and cretine are the only shops worth getting?

Sorry man you've confused me a bit... Are you saying iced water has no effect and that protein and cretine are the only shops worth getting?

That's exactly what I'm saying, iced water isn't going to do shit.

Do some reading on nutrition mate. Iifym count your calories and macros, protein is just to supplement whole food protein. Food is fuel eat excess you gain weight, eat deficit you lose weight.

concentrate on working out rather than supps Luke

Fair enough, I've just got a ON protein shake i think I'll just stick with that, might get some creatine down the track as it seems most o the other stuff out there is more snake oil than magic sauce....

That's exactly what I'm saying, iced water isn't going to do shit.

Do some reading on nutrition mate. Iifym count your calories and macros, protein is just to supplement whole food protein. Food is fuel eat excess you gain weight, eat deficit you lose weight.

I admit I've got a lot to learn, particularly when it comes to nutrition, mostly I just have some red meat or chicken and veges for dinner, carmens Muslei for breaky and lunch is a chicken and rice dish, almonds and a carmens round biscuit for snacks, but I haven't worked out the actual nutritional value of it and frankly I have no idea what a macro is...

Whey Protein
Pre Workout - of varying kinds (Group in creatine)
BCAA/EAA

- Also I found d-aspartic acid to be pretty good

Whey Protein
Pre Workout - of varying kinds (Group in creatine)
BCAA/EAA

- Also I found d-aspartic acid to be pretty good

very similar.

Whey Protein.
Pre Workouts (although moving away from them)
DAA. I'm not sure how effective it is. I used to notice a semi chub within an hour of taking DAA but not anymore. I also notice increased chest hair every time I take it for weeks on end, srs.