• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What Can I Drink?

robeel

hey guys, I'm starting training tomorrow & will be attempting to eat healthy for once in my life.

Is there anything i can drink besides water that wont interfere with my diet?

I will be drinking mostly water but would be great if i can have a glass a day of something different that tastes nice.

gatorade, vitamin flavoured water, or any supplements that i can mix with water that taste good & are good for me?

thanks

what you drink is part of your diet.
if you have something sugary, it adds to your carbs, so you need to take that into account.
(fwiw, gatorade has about half the sugar of Coke... 6g/100mls = 30grams sugar for 600ml bottle)

there is no reason why fruit juice, gatorade, tea, coffee, milk, milk mixed with whey protein etc, can't be an integral part of your diet.

or get diet cordial... everyone loves cordial right?

corolla is right though, IIFIYM... I wouldn't go as far as to say it should be an 'integral' part of your diet though

I live on sugar free/NAS cordial, I make it fairly weak for no other reason than that's how I like it.
I don't think there is a problem with a can of Coke Zero a day.

20120210083508resized.jpg

Coke Zero Vanilla.

I wouldn't go as far as to say it should be an 'integral' part of your diet though
I was more meaning, no reason why they can't be part of your diet if you count them toward your macros (instead of ignoring them).. if you have 10 cups of tea with 2tsp sugar.. it adds up :D

Last edited:
thanks a lot guys, i think diet cordial will be the go & will check out the waterfords mineral water.

will only have a small glass a day so should be fine, i hope.

what about oj, apple juice, etc? i'm guessing they have too much sugar?

before monday i was having a lot of sugary soft drinks so it's a big change. good thing is i've already dropped over a kilo with not much training, gives me motivation to stay strong & start hitting the gym.

What's wrong with just drinking water?

I can't bring myself to drink anything else these days with the exception of a decaf coffee or protein shake in water.

I stick to good old water, Green Tea, 1 cup of black coffee a day as caffeine has been shown to help with things like recovery and endurance as well as mental focus i dont see whats wrong with coffee. Just started drinking milk though as I am a skinny bastard!