• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What can you tell me about Bar-bell Rows?

kindred

How do you know if your doing them right?

I'm getting all my info about this exercise from that YouTube guy Scooby. Is what he says right? I have found out that sometimes the internet doesn't give a full picture of what's going on.

Also where in your program should this sit if your doing full body? I have been running by the theory of the biggest muscles to the smallest I.e. squats first then deadlifts then rows then military press etc. Would bench press go after rows or after military press.

What is he telling you?

For this exercise to be effective one needs to engage the muscles of the upper back, to do this your upper body needs to be almost perpendicular to the legs.

Most stand upright and adopt an upright row movement.

You need to. Visualize the resistance is behind the elbow, your hand is the hook your forearm is the chain.
Posted via Mobile Device

[YOUTUBE]vJCv1vdYVS0[/YOUTUBE]

thats the scooby video on rows

I do rows similiar to that, 99% of my gym do the ones like these
[YOUTUBE]-xlBxIMqh3A[/YOUTUBE]

i dont worry too much about it though, concentrate more on chinups and big deadlifts

I row more like the 2nd one. I lean over a bit more, but do not pause.
Posted via Mobile Device

Markos loves his bent rows.

I'm not a big fan of them. I prefer dumbell rows on a bench and t-bar rows.