• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What do you eat after a workout when trying to lose weight?

Protein spikes insulin same as high GI carbs

Remembering people.... It's the total you eat over the day week... And not one particular Meal on it's own..

Last edited:
What's the opinion on this?1.carbs for muscle growth2. protein for muscle repair
For training purposes there is a window after post workout for increased glycogen uptake... Therefore there are potential benefits derived from carbs straight after excercise... If you are training multiple days in a row that is...

Here is 2
1. Amino acids
2. Get to eat more for the came calories
Ets why I swing towards protein rather than carbs.

Remember when the AFL/VFL players used to always eat Snakes (lollies) after a match. Now its Powerade or Gatorade. Not sure how much of that is electrolyte and hydration related or sponsorship requirements. Probably a bit of both?

They are somewhat endurance athletes.

Seems to me that the OP needs to look at the whole day's intake and it's not an issue of what is being had straight after training.

If you are continually starving, you may simply be eating too little to start with.

All depends on your macros/kcals, and how much you are training, [MENTION=14929]Oilucy[/MENTION];

Agree with CCM.

Latest research from Alan Aragon and Brad Schoenfield http://www.jissn.com/content/10/1/5

Get good veggies in afterwards, a spinach salad (with minimal non fatty dressing) is great because you can eat a lot of it and it is very low in calories. Fiber filled veggies will help you stay fuller longer and refuel you. Protein like grilled chicken with nothing on it is great for post workout and I would also suggest a glass of milk (if you like it or can drink it)...fill up on water throughout the day and night!

Post workout? Should it really change whether you're trying to lose weight or gain. Still need to refuel the muscles. Just less calories throughout the day?

What this guy said

The weights should always be heavy
Eat at a -500 calorie deficit
Your training and other activity during the day might burn another 600+
Sleep well
Drink plenty of water
Don't rely on fat-burners and fads to drop the bodyfats spend your money on gym fees and lean meats and veggies.
Be patient

Most will now have coconut water/protein afterwards now.

Always has been and prob always will be - 2-3 scoops of Wpi/wpc after training

Potato rice chicken capsicum passata sauce, sri lankan curry powder carrot

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk