• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What do you think of Bill Phillps?

Q

queenie

Has anyone else read 'Body for Life' by Bill Phillips? Most of the content seems to make sense and is repeated on other forums/publications ie - eat healthily, eat more often, muscle burns fat but fat does nothing you need a balance between protein and carbs blah blah blah.

Just wondering what people think about his intense training regime - no more than 20 min cardio a day or 46 weight a day but you PUSH IT HARD with increased weights.

Thoughts please.... Cheers from your Queen (LOL!! - I so funny!)

Oh and how do I find what forums have pictures attached??

I have not read 'Body for Life', but i would assume his principles would be along the lines of "train har, eat well, sleep often". yeah?

P,S - Who died and made you Queen? :p

Kindred - can't find any posts with Bill Phillips in them so if you can recall where it is I would be really grateful. I can imagine though how annoying it is reading the same old questions from juniors day in and day out.

Shrek - a) yes and b) my surgeon

Body for life is a good body transformation for dummies type book.
I learnt a lot from the book.

Some at work done it in 2006 and there before and after shots where amazing. This guy went from lots of flab to 6 pack, no kidding. And he was over 35 too.

I know alot of people who had success with it. However my experiences where a bit different. I did this before my wedding. I lost about 10kg but I think it was like 5kg of fat and 5kg of muscle. I also felt weaker and looked abit sickly. I also gained pimples :(

wow man sounds like my experience with the Abs Diet by Mens Health. I looked anorexic and sick and still didnt have abs... I wanted to try body for life and also would be keen to here peoples experiences of it.

Anyway I ended up buying a book by Dr Nick Evans and I found alot of the same info from body for life, but explained more scientifically. I did his routines and gained my muscle back and fat.

I added ridding my bike to and from work, and I ended up losing fat from my belly without muscle loss.

Anyway at the moment I am trying the principle of Huge in a Hurry by Chad Waterbury

So many books, so little time. Anyway, I will give it a go and let you all know my progress after I start (will keep a diary thread in that area). Hope to start in the next few days. Wish me luck!