• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What fires you up for your training session?

Pre workouts and going gym with my mates who drive. They have a pre workout playlist which they jack up loud as farkk in the car, works very nicely with a pre workout.

Pre workouts and going gym with my mates who drive. They have a pre workout playlist which they jack up loud as farkk in the car, works very nicely with a pre workout.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fk8fG6AZTO8]Mesomorph aps review (while on mesomorph) - YouTube[/ame]

What fires you up for your training session?
You have the cardiovascular circulatory system, and then you have the other circulatory system (the lymph system) that relies on us doing something to help with the circulation of fluids and the removal of toxins from our tissues.

To stimulate the lymph system you need to apply gravity. That can come in the way of muscular contraction (a la resistance training/not necessarily bodybuilding and the like though), and massage amongst few other methods.

Just to explain very briefly how this works: when the muscle contracts against some force, that contraction causes/helps the muscle to push or squeeze fluid from the tissue, which facilitates its movement throughout the body.

Being aware of the above creates a fire in my belly which drives my motivation to lift some weights. Of course, this type of drive has not always being the same, however one changes as one learns more about health and the way the body functions.

Thank you for your question Sir.

Fadi.

Last edited:
i dont usually fire up for gym..

sometimes i am eager to go because it gets me,...takes me to a selfish self centred place, were i dont give a rats about anything outside of gym, or even the bar i am hanging on to... i like the escape.

I typically just focus on that first exercise, if it goes well, feels solid, I acheive what i wanted or better the rest of the session generally just flows on from this.

For me, it's the fear of uncertainty regarding the next set that gets me fired up, working with weights where I know I'm probably able to get it, but I just don't know for sure. If I know for sure that I'm going to get every rep, I don't tend to get fired up at all. I walk in the gym calmly, I do my warm ups calmly, then I pray and psyche myself up when I prep for each working set.

I used to use music to mentally pump myself up, but now I find that any music I particularly want to listen to is too much of a distraction, and music that I'm not fussy about obviously isn't going to have a huge impact on me. I don't take any supplements to get myself physically or mentally fired up -- I seem to get into the right zone mentally when needed, and I don't want to get jitters or too physically excited to focus from using stimulants. Kinda the same thing with music.

The new blonde chick that trains in mornings, fires me up.

My ex gf probably is google searching my nickname and reading this right now.

She used to stalk my nickname in the past on this forum.