• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What improvements will you make to your training in 2015

2015 will be the year that I reduce stimulants in my life especially on the weekends, and to rest (sleep) better hence reducing stress and anxiety. I think it's time I put (but not lock away) those weekend glow sticks, furry boots, and fluro pacifiers!

Carry on training and eating like I have this year because I have found what works for me and so I plan to stick with it. (5/3/1 fuelled by a high protein, moderate fat and carb diet that is at a slight calories surplus with a gentle cut every two months or so)

In happy with my progress so I'll keep chugging along, I'm going to keep pushing my squat till its around the 180kg mark

Thanks Gerry. I can still deadlift over 200kg at moment and power clean 100kg, but doubt I could squat 115kg Olympic lifting style.

I am sure that my sprinting and powerlifting will again improve once I do a year of Olympic lifting. well, at least that is the theory I now use to motivate myself for 2015.

now you have my curiosity..youve never taken steroids?
how old and heavy are ya?

Just waiting for everyone else to move up to M2....

gotta be in to win.man you got great numbers..you could make the national side even though i know the 105s are strong at m1.it only takes an injury or work commitments to open up a spot.

Thanks Gerry. I can still deadlift over 200kg at moment and power clean 100kg, but doubt I could squat 115kg Olympic lifting style.

I am sure that my sprinting and powerlifting will again improve once I do a year of Olympic lifting. well, at least that is the theory I now use to motivate myself for 2015.

One only needs motivation not doing the PL movements can surprisingly blow out a lot of cobwebs.

now you have my curiosity..youve never taken steroids?
how old and heavy are ya?

no, I dabbled in PEDs at times 1988-1993.

Best PED lifts: bench 172kg (touch and go), power clean 155kg (when bb training)

Best clean lifts are 147.5kg bench (1998), paused bench 137.5kg (1998).

power clean 135kg 1996.

Best olympic lifts before I gave it away 1984 after broken wrist were snatch 95kg (1982) at 80kg), 117.5kg clean and jerk (training), 110kg comp. I could jerk off rack 137.5kg at time. Whatever I cleaned, I got up.

I only competed once in powerlifting (CAPO) 2011 and did 515kg total, 160, 125, 230kg.

Benched 137.5kg touch and go later n 2011 at 96kg bw.

I now weigh 90.5kg, aged 53, and my legs are weak as piss. Still have a reasonably strong back. 1987 did a 2.90m standing long jump, now 2.4m.

I want to train at between 85-90kg from now on, and see what I can do after a year of Olympic lifting. Aim is to get 80kg snatch and 110kg clean and jerk by end of 2015. Would like to rank in top 20 of masters lifters (age 35 and above). There were around 120 masters lifters in 2014.

http://awf.com.au/resultsrankings/rptSMM.aspx

Scheduled for shoulder surgery in one month, so firstly rehab that and will use that time to take a bit of a deload in general as I've been training pretty damn hard for the last 3 months or so since finishing BB comp prep.

Hoping to be able to start an actual program around March and if my body is happy that will be sheiko 29,37,32 leading into GPC nationals. If all goes to plan, will run 37,37,32 following that.

What is most likely to happen is I get some other injury and I have to run some sort of ridiculous injury modified program like I have been for the last year or so.

I will continue in my goal for improved sleep, continue my weights regime as is, but will likely introduce some more cardio and start a more structured diet and strip some fat.
Will possibly go carb free from waking until dinner, then have carbs at dinner, then also between dinner and bed to help neurotransmitter release.
Probably need to get a dexa scan to accurately work out my BMR.

What kind of cardio are you thinking of doing [MENTION=17825]Davepuppies[/MENTION];? HIT stuff or a leisurely stroll by the beach?

What kind of cardio are you thinking of doing @Davepuppies ;? HIT stuff or a leisurely stroll by the beach?
I have a commercial treadmill, in my lounge room, so will do I fasted in the morning, except for coffee and glutamine, 30 mins at low intensity, then 20-30 mins interval.

might incorporate some swimming a few afternoons a week in the ocean.

Sounds like a good plan. I love heading out to the beach for a dip and a quick run. It's being motivated to step out, once I am there though feels so amazing and I wonder why it was a struggle to head out in the first place!

Work on flexibility/mobility more and make a point of actually sticking to some sort of routine for it, maybe starting to try yoga to see how that goes.