• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What to put in custom pre-workout mix?

Rbars

Hi all first post on Ausbb, but I'm familiar with the site as i've visited it many times just by googling a question or something fitness related :D

Anyway, I was wondering what would be the best components of a pre-workout mix:

Any two of:

Creatine tri-malate
BCAA
AAKG

Only have two to choose from as otherwise shipping will make it too expensive.

All input is greatly appreciated!

Hi shrek

How about if instead of AAKG, lets say citrulline malate? I heard that NO precursor stuff is a big thing in preworkout mixes.

Also, would you recommend BCAA and creatine for postworkout too? or just WPC?

Thanks again

Creatine only needs to be taken once, I recommend Monohydrate.
BCAA's can be taken pre, during and after workout. Mix up 15-20gms and start sipping 10 mins before starting.
AAKG is Arginine and I don't like it. Citrulline Malate I'm not sold on either, the other thing you might want to try that works for some is Beta Alanine, 2-3 gms before workout and 2-3 gms after workout, take on non training days also.

Creatine should be taken postworkout though. 5mg post workout and if your on a loading week try and space 30mg out throughout the day. Shrek is right about the monohydrate, it's cheap an it does the job.
Posted via Mobile Device

Forget AAKG it does nothing for you. Ever thought about juicing out a grapefruit or two then mixing in some BCAA's and slamming it down 30 mins before?? :)

I'm trying Jack3d at the moment, but normally I run with my own concoction of BCAA, glyciene, monhydrate creatine and maltodextrin with water.

Post workout I throw some more creatine in my protein shake.

I'm trying Jack3d at the moment, but normally I run with my own concoction of BCAA, glyciene, monhydrate creatine and maltodextrin with water.

Post workout I throw some more creatine in my protein shake.

How is Jacked working out for you? So much press on DMAA recently...
How many scoops did you take?

How is Jacked working out for you? So much press on DMAA recently...
How many scoops did you take?

I'm taking 2 ATM, but to be honest all it does is make me feel tingly. Just have some caffiene instead, its cheaper and just the same IMO.

I'm taking 2 ATM, but to be honest all it does is make me feel tingly. Just have some caffiene instead, its cheaper and just the same IMO.

I try to stay away from stims in general... even coffee.
When I do take it, DMAA makes me crash, so rather not take it...

Thanks for the contribution guys, I guess aakg/ citrulline malate is all hype? And no thanks I'd rather not put in caffeine in my mix.

So if I can buy 250 grams creatine monohydrate for $6.50, or malate 250 gm for $9 should I still go monohydrate?

BTW I've got VCE exams coming up so I might not get many chances to check in, but keep the info coming!

The reason I started this post was due to the confusion various pre-workout mixes caused me with their complicated ingredients and their huge price tag.

Cheers

Thanks for the contribution guys, I guess aakg/ citrulline malate is all hype? And no thanks I'd rather not put in caffeine in my mix.

So if I can buy 250 grams creatine monohydrate for $6.50, or malate 250 gm for $9 should I still go monohydrate?

BTW I've got VCE exams coming up so I might not get many chances to check in, but keep the info coming!

The reason I started this post was due to the confusion various pre-workout mixes caused me with their complicated ingredients and their huge price tag.

Cheers

Yep, stick with monohydrate, tried and tested over many years and still (IMO) the best and most cost effective.