• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

whats a good protein supplement to bulk up

K

kano

what is everyone else using to bulk up.i been using horleys awesome mass for some time now,but want to try something new.maybe one high in calories and protein

I keep talking about bioflex boibulker because its great quality, tastes great and cheap! No bullshit bulker.

Its the only one I have tried though

thanks guys,hey kyle do you have that with a protein supplement as well or just what you said.

What he said, milk powder is a substitute for protein powder when your short on cash, I got over the taste after a month or so though =/ Plus don't you have to use a fair few scoops? Or am I thinking the wrong milk powder?

From memory you need 1 cup of powder in water to make 1 lt of milk so thats 1/4 cup in 250ml water which is quite a lot of powder. Before I got my gainer I mixed about 4 tablespoons of powder in a glass of low fat milk to get about 18g of protein per serve (10 in powder, 8 in milk)

thanks guys,hey kyle do you have that with a protein supplement as well or just what you said.
Skim milk powder is 35% protein and 55% carbs by weight, or something like that.

500ml milk + 3 eggs + 100g skim milk powder gives you something like 75g protein, 85g carbs, 44g fat, and 1,000kcal. I drink half before and half after the workout. It tastes pretty sweet.

thanks for that,i will give that a go,its going to be hard to down the eggs.lol

kyle, i don't know how u digest 100g of skimmilk powder but i'm prolly just lactose intolerant. The last time i had 60g of skim milk powder.... it felt like a near death experience. Felt like my stomach was gonna explode

You've already said you have trouble with milk, BoyFromAus.

I would suggest that anyone who has trouble with milk will also have trouble with milk powder, and should not try it. Seems like common sense to me...?

Skim milk powder is 35% protein and 55% carbs by weight, or something like that.

500ml milk + 3 eggs + 100g skim milk powder gives you something like 75g protein, 85g carbs, 44g fat, and 1,000kcal. I drink half before and half after the workout. It tastes pretty sweet.

That sounds like an awesome breakfast shake, will give it a shot soon

tried that shake today,not bad at all kyle.you think i could have one for breakfast and then have another when i workout in the afternoon

I don't see why it'd do any harm. Just probably wouldn't do much good.

I've only bothered having it half immediately before and half immediately after a workout, though. They've found that the same shake at breakfast and dinner vs the same shake before and after workout, around the workout you actually get more growth out of it. Seems like there's a sort of window of opportunity there while your body's saying "fuuuuuuuuuuuu..."

But normal healthy food plus this shake before/after workout, that'll be more than enough protein, carbs, fat and overall calories to help build you up. More than that you'll just poo out, save your money to buy more plates or some coaching or something.

thanks for that kyle.im going to stick to this shake for a while.i had money to buy more protein but since i found your shake i spent it on plates instead.cheers mate

Tried it today but with a scoop of milo for a bit of flavour and it was good, might have to do it in the blender next time because the skim milk powder didnt mix too well.

If you are having milk trouble try Liddels or Zyomil by Pauls, full, low fat and skim in the Liddels and these are lactose free. Milo is sugar. Try a bulk powder or buy retail. In bulk i use Fitness Central WPI or retail you cant go past ON Gold Standard Whey or PVL Mutant Mass, other good ones are Platinum Muscle, Muscle Guage, Syn-Tec or Gen-Tec. From here you can add in whtever you like, banana's, extra amino's, glutamine, or have water and add ice, or even add carbs if you are bulking. I add whole eggs to mine.
AZZA

i mixed it with some ice tonight tastes awesome.and its filling aswell.i wasnt hungry through my workout and could go a bit harder

No need for weight gainers man, just get some standard whey protein (concentrate is cheapest) and add some peanut butter or nuts, oats, fruit, anything like that to it and blend it up. At least then you know exactly what is going into it.