• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Whats my "REAL" BMR????

i know a fool proof way to work out your REAL caloric need.

Record everything you eat for a few days (up to a week), weigh yourself as often as you like, it obviously needs to be on the first & last day. At the end, you should have a pretty good idea about if your eating enough, too much or too little.

There are some pretty cool & expensive machines that can work it out. but the above method is cheap

PowerBuilder has the right of it, except that BMR is just what you expend staying alive, but add in exercise and...

So his suggested approach is best, just watch what you eat, if after a month or so you're the same, that is what you should eat to stay the same. If you're bigger and wanted to be smaller, eat less; smaller and wanted to be bigger, eat more.

All the calculations will make you crazy. Just eat good food, exercise, and adjust as you go.

I am meeting my daily needs but i find it hard to gain weight. I know i need to eat more but i just cant keep eating, here is my diet all values are approx estimations.
My protein shake has only 120cal per serve as it is Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey. Maybe i should get a different shake with more calories.
This is my diet pretty much, sometimes i have oats with fruit for breakfast.

0400- 5gm Creatine Mono with grape juice
Calories-15, Carb-4g

0430- 2 pieces wholemeal toast (no butter), 3 poached eggs,Dash of Tobasco 3 scoops of baked beans, cup of green tea.

Calories-672, Fat-24g, Carb-77.3, Protein-34.2g

0730- piece of fruit or 2 if im really hungry which i usually am by this time.

Calories-110, Fat-0.4g, Carb-29.2g, Protein-0.6g

0930- 2 Ham or chicken salad sandwiches on wholemeal bread(no butter), piece of fruit, hard boiled egg, green tea.

Calories-553, Fat-14.2g, Carb-69.9g, Protein-34.6

1230- 1 Ham/chicken salad sandwich on wholemeal bread(no butter), piece of fruit, hard boiled egg, green tea.

Calories-341, Fat-9.7, Carb-42.6, Protein-20.6

1430- 1 Ham/chicken salad sandwich on wholemeal bread(no butter) 24gram Protein Shake with water, piece of fruit,hard boiled egg, green tea.

Calories-470, Fat-10g, Carb-45.6g, Protein-44.6g

1630- Piece of fruit.

Calories-55, Fat-0.2g, Carb-14.6g, Protein-.3g

1730- Workout for 1 hr.

1830- 5gram Creatine Mono with grape juice immediately after workout.

Calories-15, Carb 4g

1900- 24gram protein shake with water.

Calories-120, Fat-1g, Carb-4g, Protein-24g

1930- Approx 100-200gm steak with large serving of vegies and salad.

Calories-370, Fat-20g, Carb-10g, Protein-55g
Approx total is... Calories-2721
Fat-79.5
Carb-220
Protein-217.9

In your 7:30, 16:30 & 18:30 you need (more) protein.

If you can stomach it, go for a tin of tuna at least. A 'piece of fruit' is not a meal. Once again, Have something like tuna, a protein bar, whey shake or something. With your post workout meal, have you creatine, have 30-40g of protein with some good carbs or fats

In your 7:30, 16:30 & 18:30 you need (more) protein.

If you can stomach it, go for a tin of tuna at least. A 'piece of fruit' is not a meal. Once again, Have something like tuna, a protein bar, whey shake or something. With your post workout meal, have you creatine, have 30-40g of protein with some good carbs or fats

Those times are not my breaks, they are just eating while i work. I cannot stop at those times and make a tuna sandwich or a shake but the protein bars sound like a good idea as i do like eating them. (except for the rediculous price they charge for them).

You can premake sandwiches and shakes. Get a 1.5t bottle of lemonade. Drink the lemonade. Now this can be filled with 1.5lt of shake.

Swap the expensive shakes for simply 500ml milk, 100g milk powder, 3 eggs. Over 1,000kcal and 80g of protein. Chuck in the creatine if it makes you happy. 3 of these fill the 1.5lt bottle, lasts you three days.

Try that for two weeks, if you put on no weight, drink 2 of those drinks each day. Another two weeks, then three. And so on.