• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What's your favourite routine

What's your favourite routine?

• Traditional 3-4 day split (around 8-12 sets per bodypart)

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • 5x5

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Full Body 2-3x/week

Votes: 13 35.1%
  • HST

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HIT

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DC Training

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Volume Training (>16 sets per bodypart)

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Something else (please specify)

Votes: 8 21.6%

• Total voters
Made the best progress even if most were noob gains on the PTC beginner program. I've only run 1 week of PPP so can't comment too much on it yet.

ive only done PTC beginner program, 3 then 4 day upper lower split and now 4 day split.

PTC beginner program worked best but that might be because of noob gains. My legs/traps grew very quickly. I haven't gained much size on legs since that program.

I will be going to upper lower 4 days a week soon because that did well for me, so therefore the upper lower.

Voted for full body 3x a week
But really it's a toss off between that and an upper/lower split

I hope no one votes for HIT, if they do it should be perma ban

4 day split for me, Ive tried the three day PTC program a few times and just couldnt stay motivated, im soft i guess lol, I really enjoy going to the gym when im on a 4 day split whereas i would almost dread it on the full body.

Totally depends on your goals but for me I am looking at putting on size and looking better...I have found that a mix of heavy weights i.e 1-2 sets x 4-6, then 1-3 sets of 10-15 after the heavy sets works best...so a total of 4-5 sets x 4-15 then 3-4 exercises each bodypart...seems to be doing the trick atm...

Used to be a big believer in Max-ot training (still am) but I def like to add in the lighter/more reps at the end of my heavy sets.

i just use a 5 day split i made up, guess its each to their own im probably nowhere near as strong as you guys i do go for pb's in weight a few times a year but more base myself at hoping to make myself look better

Was mucking around the past year with split routines and mixture between compounds and isolations and all sorts.

Got my ass into gear and been back to the basics, if it involves anything but a heavy loaded barbell then it doesnt involve me!

It an upper lower split heavy compound based prog I came up with, Lower, Upper, Rest or Cardio Day, then repeat

Lower:
Squats 5x5
Deadlifts 5x5

Upper:
Bench 5x5
Pulls Ups 5x5
Alternating Forward\Behind Neck Press 5x5
BB Bent Rows 5x5

Rest day and if needed double rest day, then repeat

Nothing fancy and pretty basic, heavy compounds and a lotta food

have done the PTC beginners program, and a cycle of PPP liked both.

currently doing periodization training, got to say i enjoy this, dropping weight right down, working back up to max weights, some weeks pushing %100 effort. only ever testing maxes in comp. love it

have done the PTC beginners program, and a cycle of PPP liked both.

currently doing periodization training, got to say i enjoy this, dropping weight right down, working back up to max weights, some weeks pushing %100 effort. only ever testing maxes in comp. love it

Go research the meaning of periodisation then edit your comment.

Cliff notes: They are all different forms of periodisation even if Markos won't admit it.

Shit poll Admin you need about 7000 more options to keep us all happy.

At moment upper/lower as I can fit it to suit me better.

Voted for full body 3x a week
But really it's a toss off between that and an upper/lower split

I hope no one votes for HIT, if they do it should be perma ban
I vote HIT.

In all seriousness, fullbody. Every time I leave the gym without having at least squatted, pushed and pulled, I feel like I've left out something important.

HIT pisses me off for one simple reason: I train at a high intensity, but according to "HIT," I'm not doing high intensity training. I couldn't care less if someone wants to do 1 set to failure every other week, I don't even care if they think it's the best thing ever for becoming big and strong (although I will lol in their general direction), but I do care that the training I do at a high intensity is not acknowledged as high intensity training. That's just plain rude.

My best results came from DC, also HIT is very effective, I don't get the same sense of fulfilment and exhaustion from the workouts. But some of the biggest dudes in the world train HIT.

lol away.