• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What's Your Pre-Workout Ritual?

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
What is your pre-workout ritual?

do you Dwell on it all morning and visualize every lift?
any Pre-workout meals?

Often a shake before gym, but only if I need a quick pick me up, sometimes it might even just be a shot of honey or honey + spoon of peanut butter. I like to have typed into my iphone what I'm going to do. Otherwise, no ritual.

If it involves a heavy squat session (so almost always), get nervous about it all day. Will try to eat some extra carbs, usually fruit in the afternoon or 1/2 hour before heading to the gym. Also I ensure that lunch is huge and loaded with protein.

Good thing about being a uni student with a home gym, when I get the urge I get changed and run downstairs and get into it. Usually use music to get psyched up.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk 2

I train at different times of the day because I'm a shift worker. If I get up early, I'll have something light, like 10g of protein in water and some Gatorade before training. If I'm training in the afternoon I'll usually have a big meal a couple of hours before and then something light, like the Gatorade powder before and during training. I'm usually thinking about training or watching training videos all day.

Nil ritual.

Get home from work, puts on training shorts and t shirt, and get into it.

Don't really think about it much to be honest, it's just a normal part of my day like going to work and eating meals and showering. No biggie.

I only eat lunch at work and train before dinner so no special food timing happening for me. Sometimes I have a shake after training if I trained early and dinner is more than an hour away.

not unlike [MENTION=8428]Big Mick[/MENTION]; where its a normal part of my day, I dont need to 'psyche myself up' or anything like that.
once the young one is settled after school with some food and homework, ill have my pre-workout (water, salt, lemon & lime juice) which means i have about 20 mins to get out & start training. In that time ill get changed, empty the dishwasher, get all the breakfast stuff out for the next day, and then out the back to train.
On the bike for 5 mins to warm-up then some theraband exercises to warm up the shoulders and back.
By then thats about 20 mins since my drink and I can start workout proper!

I workout first thing in the morning. Most days I jump out of bed pumped. Have a light brekky, black coffee and some pre workout and go through what I'm doing for the day. Jump in the car listen to some metal and I am good to go.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Take my craze, rumble roll my legs and back, do some mobility drills and then race down to the gym in jet pilot mode, being all amped up and ready to go by then.

Take my craze, rumble roll my legs and back, do some mobility drills and then race down to the gym in jet pilot mode, being all amped up and ready to go by then.

I rumble roll after training:confused:

Is it better more beneficial before or after or it matters not:confused:

Only had my roller for a week so still new to the beast..

I rumble roll after training:confused:

Is it better more beneficial before or after or it matters not:confused:

Only had my roller for a week so still new to the beast..

My understanding is that its beneficial to roll before and after. Rolling before doesn't have any impact on your workout, unlike static stretching. I like to roll before just to rock out any knots in my legs especially in the calves and ITB. I always feel much better going to the gym after having done this than without.

My understanding is that its beneficial to roll before and after. Rolling before doesn't have any impact on your workout, unlike static stretching. I like to roll before just to rock out any knots in my legs especially in the calves and ITB. I always feel much better going to the gym after having done this than without.

Im going to try this tonight. Never rolled before a session in the past...