• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

When to use gloves if ever?

chalk gives you heaps more grip than gloves

When your misses starts to complain about your callused hands start moisturising, I know it sounds faggy, but it keeps the calluses soft so they dont tear and get scratchie,...and then you still get to play with the goodies!

chalk gives you heaps more grip than gloves

When your misses starts to complain about your callused hands start moisturising, I know it sounds faggy, but it keeps the calluses soft so they dont tear and get scratchie,...and then you still get to play with the goodies!

I wasnt allowed to play with the goodies till i had sanded down the fcukers to a reasonable level as well. So out came the moisturizer.

From my observations at the gym, gloves are most appropriate when doing various curl variations and kickbacks... with 5kg dumbbells.

To each their own - I have been lifting for 12 years and still occasionally lift with gloves (moreso for pulling movements in the higher rep range, like one arm DB rows), not for protection because I have mean callouses, but rather I get sweaty palms. They definitely help me grip particularly in warm weather. Chalk is not appropriate in some commercial gyms, and you can tell they don't like it as it can leave quite a mess. When I was training from home, I used chalk and the studio looked like Tony Montana / Coke addict was training in there. Adds a nice element of raw, though.

I only use gloves when my hands start burning sore. Doing 4 x 8 on deads at the moment plus a lot cable attachment use at the moment takes its toll.
I don't wear them all the time. I do moisturise a fair bit. I don't get calluses, my skin just tears.

Insecurities much.. if you need gloves because your hands get shredded or you want better grip, wear them. Who cares.

Insecurities much.. if you need gloves because your hands get shredded or you want better grip, wear them. Who cares.

Agree totally.

Just make sure if you wear gloves that the colour matches your handbag because we wouldn't want your sweet gloves to not go with the outfit.

Got a beginner mate working out with me and he's never lifted before. His Missus bought him some weight training gloves and I have never used them before. So when is it appropriate to use them if ever.........I've never used them but tried them for my deadlift and it worked wonders purely for the extra grip I obtained.

Cheers

Gloves should only be used to wipe your vagina!

i clearly don't wear gloves :p

ouch......at least they stopped bleeding lol

319770_10151169665840904_282072770_n.jpg
150673_10151169666370904_1373661995_n.jpg

Would help me make use of my standard bars....:D

Chilli them callouses are like trophies!

massive trophies for my incredible stupidity LOL

under instructions to not shake anyone's hand for at least a week. I failed the ladylike test :p