• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Where do you want to be in 5 years?

I will be 41, Yeah lifting in masters lol

I just want to continue to enjoy lifting. When there is pressure or expectations It looses its appeal.

Be actively competitive, atleast competing..

Hopefully quite the comercial gym.

Own a sweet home gym.

Keep pushing my abilities under the bar while staying as free from injuries as possible
if we are to guess at were i would like to be

Try to continue to gain mass, but would like to lean out a little, 80kg @ 15% would be nice end of next year.

this year,..total 450
bench 130
dead 180
squat 140

next year total 500
bench 140
dead 200
squat 160

after that will reevaluate and set new goals. :)

If I could be 100kg and similar or even a bit lower body fat % as I am now I would be pretty happy.
As everyone else has said, injury free and healthy too.

lol i hope i have some more cash too :p

the reason why I choose 5 years is that i wanted to see how far people wanted to go. it may not be a question that they have asked themselves.

I have a strong feeling that training will get harder once over 200kg squat, 240 dead, 140 bench.

there are some pretty high numbers which is cool. this will be one strong forum.

I also wanted to follow up with what is strong enough? very subjective but it would be an interesting topic.

Still lifting

im in the que for surgery on an infection near my tailbone, that might kill off my squat and deadlift for a few months

Obviously, injury free and healthy.

Realistically 90 -95kg at around 10% bf. Competed in more powerlifting comps, set a record in whatever I can. Compete in atleast 1 or more bodybuilding comps. Finish my degree. I'll have just finished it by then. And hopefully working as a Civil Engineer somewhere.

Like everyone I would be happy to be injury free and lifting as much as I can. If I had to put some numbers to the lifts then I guess something like...

Squat @ 225kg
Deadlift @ 300kg
Benchpress @ 150kg
Military Press @ 120kg

still lifting for me.. Id love to go 18 months with no knee / back injury cause I know the results would flow.
over the last 2 years the longest ive stayed injury free is 6-8 months which is what im at at the moment(bar the shoulder) and is the reason my squat and dead are getting back to there best.... another 18 months would be a dream.

Paullie, the wise old owl of AusBB.

Crikey, I aint THAT old lol.

Just speaking from experience.

Started lifting in Dec 2009, lifts were, well, shit.

Had 10 weeks off due to lower back/glute issues.

Had 3 months part time due to upper back injury, still not 100%.

I'vealmost cracked the novice weights. Imagine what the lifts will be in 5 years if I dont have any injuries...

Who wants injuries anyway, I've struggled hard over the last 5 months because of this current injury, it's not nice.

Weight: 85-90kg (currently 99.3kg)
Bench: 170kg
Squat: 250kg
Deadlift: 300kg

And be as lean as I possibly can be!

Injury free too as I had a little back issue which pissed me the fuck off for a few weeks let alone anything major...

Haha considering NPR is asking for a 300kg deadlift and his lifts are most likely double mine now I think I set the bar too high haha...

I'll lower it to 250kg. . .

To give you guys an insight into how tuff it is as you get stronger, Nicks raw PB's are

220/150/275

They were set during the past year.

He couldnt match any of them right now, due to injuries

The best he has done since then is a 222.5kg squat of debatable depth, knee sleeves AND wraps, plus a belt.

Nick will continue to move forward, but at nowhere near the rate he did to get to his current raw PB's

Ill be 28.....
All I really (at this stage) want to do at this bodyweight is:
squat 200 (+45)
bench 140 (+22.5)
deadlift 250 (+30kg)
64 UDL's
I think all of these are possible in 2 years or less though....

Id also like to get to 100kg BW, lean....... That could take me the 5 years though :D.

Actually, a 600kg total. in comp, would be nice........ That would get the current squat and total record in the open men raw at CAPO. Im sure kelly will get much stronger in the coming years though :D.

Do you think these will be achievable for me Markos? Im just interested in your opinion

Absolutely EVERYTHING is achievable.

I just like shorter time frames, like lifts you'll make at your next comp, not 5 years away.

A lot of you guys havent even been adults for 5 years.

Job, wife, life, kids......all these things have the ability to really direct your life goals, in 5 years, most of you guys might have a wife, kid and mortgage.

All of a sudden a 300kg dead isnt that important