• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Where do you want to be in 5 years?

37, rich, retired with a 22yo swedish gf sipping cocktails on a remote Carribean beach. Followed with a round of 9 in the afternoon.

Fuck Ill be 30 too....hows about

Id like to be alive....and if im alive....stronger than Nick :D

LOL safe to say if you're alive you'll be stronger than me.

To give you guys an insight into how tuff it is as you get stronger, Nicks raw PB's are

220/150/275

They were set during the past year.

He couldnt match any of them right now, due to injuries

The best he has done since then is a 222.5kg squat of debatable depth, knee sleeves AND wraps, plus a belt.

Nick will continue to move forward, but at nowhere near the rate he did to get to his current raw PB's

Depth was fine, wraps were so loose I could break paralel with 60kg on my back.

I am off those weights now, not as far as you think but not on the same level. I was hoping to pull a legal 275 at the comp but not now thanks to the hammy.

I haven't been able to put together more than 12 weeks of injury free training in the last 18 months.

Hopefully I can get a solid year together in 2011.

If I can 250/165/300 are very doable with wraps and belt. Maybe even a bit more in the deadlift.

Injury free consistantly is the key as you said.

I've watched Nick first hand. He lifts to get stronger, he takes very few risks, trains as hard as anyone I know, yet can still only string a few weeks of injury free training together.

Pick a comp and set goals for that, continue to do so.

Absolutely EVERYTHING is achievable.

I just like shorter time frames, like lifts you'll make at your next comp, not 5 years away.

A lot of you guys havent even been adults for 5 years.

Job, wife, life, kids......all these things have the ability to really direct your life goals, in 5 years, most of you guys might have a wife, kid and mortgage.

All of a sudden a 300kg dead isnt that important

In 5 years time I'll be 45! LOL...

Let me see:

Job: Yep and a tough one too.
Wife: Yep
Life: Not really
Kids: Yep, 5 years old at the moment
Mortgage: Yep, actually 4 of them, dying under debt

But I'm still lifting!!! :D

OK, in 5 years time I want to stop getting injuries and hopefully get to 85kg bodyweight leanish with

Squat: 180kg
Bench: 120kg
Deadlift: 220kg

I want to total 400kg next year then try and add 20-30 to my total every year if I can. But I'll settle for any gains in all lifts and just keeping at it.

Cheers,
Mike

5 years who knows. Hopefully injury free. I am off the long term goals they get me no where besides advancing my day dreaming. I am just going for my short term goals and keep working up once I get them and see where they take me.

in 5 years.. id like to be healthy and injury free. where i am strength wise i dont care really. if im stronger then thats great if not dont mind as long as im healthy and fit.
but in 5 yrs if my circumstances allow me to lift id like to squat 240 bench 160 Dead 270kg but if not thats cool .

Absolutely EVERYTHING is achievable.

I just like shorter time frames, like lifts you'll make at your next comp, not 5 years away.

A lot of you guys havent even been adults for 5 years.

Job, wife, life, kids......all these things have the ability to really direct your life goals, in 5 years, most of you guys might have a wife, kid and mortgage.

All of a sudden a 300kg dead isnt that important

Isnt that the truth..These few things can have a profound effect on your life and what you are thinking about.. .I Tick all those boxes and more..

Sorry to hear that Nick, your starting to sound like Billy at Elite, hes a big walking injury nowadays

i feel my enthusiasm is massive, but i suppose im still at the young and dumb and full of cum stage of weightlifting

Age by then: 50
Wants: To be healthier than I am now

Fadi.

Fadi where have you been?

Ive noticed you don't post as much as you normally did of when I first joined ausbb...

Haha it's a sort of a issue as I am not learning as much ;)...