• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Who here front squats?

Yeah i have been doing them for about 3 or 4mths now and find em quite good, i do prefer leg press however the gym only has 2 very crappy leg presses so at the moment front squats are the better option.

Yep, I find they help my stability. And it's no coincidence that my quads are looking awesome lately.

Tried em about a month ago but it felt wrong so I stayed with Back Squats, Leg Presses and Hack Squats for the majority of my quad exercises. Sometimes I'll do single leg Leg Presses for a bit of variety and if I've got time and energy some Leg Extensions.

Yeah, at the moment I'm doing them 2-3 days a week

Mentally, if you can amp yourself up to front squat more than 1.5xBW for 5, you can chase back squats down a lot easier, everyone's different though

Given that I train at home with no machines I do front squats for my quads.

Could do without the self-asphyxiation though, I always end up with marks around my throat/clavicles

yep. And since getting squat shoes they are infinitely easier (crappy ankles). Love them! I don't really think they can compare to a leg press/hack squat machine just because they aren't just a quad exercise. I find the thoracic spine area cops a flogging.

Also a heap of the machines that I've used can't get anywhere near the same ROM as I can front squatting.

recently incorporated them. Really enjoy them. I find them to be very stable, no wobble/tilt forward out of the hole.

I did front squats, for the first time in many years, on Thursday.

Only 35kg, 5 sets of 5 reps. Didn't feel like much at the time.

Saturday - all day, from when I got up, lots of lower back pain, as well as sore bum, thigh and calf muscles.

Sunday - glutes more sore, back not so bad (had some heat cream on it last night), but can still feel it.

y... I find the thoracic spine area cops a flogging. ...
Did you mean lumbar spine?

Just finished 3rd set of 5, first time I've tried for years.

When I back squat I tend to fold when tired and do a partial good morning but 0ni posted in another thread to try front squats. We'll see how it goes.