• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Why does everyone jackoff to the little shit?

i believe the OP is talking in the context of regular guys i.e. beginners rather than guys who've been training for years.

my calves are for some reason big and muscular without any direct training - I'm probably going to be flamed for this, but it seems to me that unless you're a BB fanatic, calf size is largely going to be genetically determined? FWIW the only time I've ever had calf doms is from doing stair runs, not standing or sitting raises etc.

Well, given that Mr. Green was training that way *as a beginner*, that seemed relevant. I thought. If it was even my post you were referring to.

Stiff legged deadlift for calf work...theres a new one.

The way I see it is if you want big calves you train them, if you want strong calves you train them - be it a bodybuilder or powerlifter you want to take advantage of everything you can to be better than the next person.

Yes of course stick to the basics but you aint hardcore, or whatever for not training different bodyparts...

What do people think that powerlifters shouldnt do direct ab work because they squat or deadlift.

There isnt different exercises just because there can be - each work in different ways and target muscle groups in different ways.

If squat/deadlift/bench/overhead press was all people need then they the hell did people ever do other exercises......why isnt Mr.O just simply doing those? Why arnt the best powerlifters in the world just doing those exercises....

The whole bench/squad/deadlift shit is the bro-science of the powerlifting world.

When ever I do SLDLs my calves always hurt the next day.

Think about it with the weight pulling you forward. Calves have to stop you from falling forward.

Might only be a new one for you.

I've never understood why people give a shit what others are doing in the gym. It is of no consequence to our own goals and the time spent thinking about other people's less than ideal training programs could be better spent fine tuning our own. Well have different goals and personal ideals and we all take a different path trying to get there.

Just because someone trains differently to our own ideals doesn't mean what they're doing is wrong or is of any less importance. If it really bothers you, start a conversation with them and get a better understanding of why they train the way they do. Who knows, you might even learn something along the way. It would certainly be more constructive and conducive to your own understanding than making a point of it on the internet and wasting even more of your valuable time.

I've never understood why people give a shit what others are doing in the gym. It is of no consequence to our own goals and the time spent thinking about other people's less than ideal training programs could be better spent fine tuning our own. Well have different goals and personal ideals and we all take a different path trying to get there.

Just because someone trains differently to our own ideals doesn't mean what they're doing is wrong or is of any less importance. If it really bothers you, start a conversation with them and get a better understanding of why they train the way they do. Who knows, you might even learn something along the way. It would certainly be more constructive and conducive to your own understanding than making a point of it on the internet and wasting even more of your valuable time.

That's exactly right.

But it is a forum and if we didn't talk about what others did it would be pretty boring.

SLDL, farmers walk, sled dragging give me plenty of calf work. Direct training is a great waste of time.
I think that's a very individualistic thing. I had a client once upon a time with massive calves just from walking around a lot. I had a manager once with massive calves from rowing. My calves initially grew a bit just from doing leg presses when I got my first gym membership, but it's been years since anything other than direct calf work has done anything for them. SLDL's and farmer's walks don't do anything for my calves. Sled drags will start waking my calves up only when the sled is on the verge of being too heavy to drag. Nordic leg curls activate my calves, but still don't give them anywhere near the workload that simple calf raises do.

A novice only really needs to do the basic shit. Deadlift, squat, bench, press, arms, calves
I'm only just getting to the point where I feel like I need more variety. Especially rows. My back grew just fine doing deadlifts and nothing else, even my rear delts lol

Although the other day I worked up to a single top set of squats then left the gym lol

What??
It's a discussion forum, If you don't want to waste "YOUR TIME" don't log on.

Seriously man what a ridiculous statement. People come on in their spare time, it doesn't replace gym..well it shouldn't.

Sled sprints with the sled loaded up so you can only do around 20m seem to be doing more for my calves than anything else I've tried. Way more fun too :)

1901796_10152026175625975_1030765062_n.jpg

23"