• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

winter cardio sugestions

bert.

with winter approaching and the days drawing in i'm finding it hard to find any motivation to hop on my bike and go for a ride dark when I leave for work and dark when I get home.
what recommendations do you guys/gals have to get in some good cardio preferably indoors and with minimal equipment.

Get an indoor trainer for your bike?
Skipping rope?

Even just doing high intensity circuits will nuke the cals, take up minimal space and only need a dumbell or kettlebell

100 Burpes will do it every time.

Box Jumps, skipping, star jumps all work well and need no equipment that you don't already have.

Cardio at 4am when its 4 degrees is a piece of piss. Fear of frost bite keeps you going.

KB swings challenge, start with a 16kg bell and swing as many times in 12 min, I was a heaving mess on the floor the first time I did it. Try starting by completing the time in 1 minute intervals (1on, 1off etc)
I moved up to a 24kg bell and was completing around 200 reps in 9 min and my weight dropped 4kg in a couple of months, more focused on gaining atm so not doing it.

KB swings challenge

with winter approaching and the days drawing in i'm finding it hard to find any motivation to hop on my bike and go for a ride dark when I leave for work and dark when I get home.
what recommendations do you guys/gals have to get in some good cardio preferably indoors and with minimal equipment.

Get an exercise bike so you can do it in front of the TV in comfort.

If you were to purchase a cardio machine I would suggest the rower.

Other than that as @Shrek ; and @Big Mick ; said jumping up and down, star jumps, running on the spot, sit ups, pushups, skippin, Burpes - i.e timed or reps -

1m - Jumping
1m - running on the spot
1m - star jumps
1m - sit ups
1m - pushups
1m - Skipping
1m - Burpes

Repeat 3-4 x and you'll be in a world of pain

- If you got a rower also you could add in 200m flat out between each 1m - this would really push you.

Think I might add this into my trainin next week haha

I hate going to the gym just to run on a treadmill but during the winter that's one way I usually get my cardio in. I only have a pair of dumbbells at home so when I exercise at home I usually try to do a bunch of moves that only incorporate my body weight or dumbbells. I've recently been getting into the trend of HIIT and do a lot of burpees, squats, jacks, etc. to get my heart rate up while still toning my muscles. Last year I did Insanity (highly suggest it) which is where I got a lot of the exercises I do on my own but I will most likely start that up again mid winter. It's does wonders for strength and cardio without using any equipment...you can read some insanity reviews to get a better idea of it- http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/insanity-workout-reviews.do Doing that during the winter along with maybe a run or other type of cross training here and there will definitely keep you in shape for biking come summer time.

Lol. How hard cardio is depends on how hard you go.

With the rower your using the upper body and lower body to perform the movement, the core is working alot harder etc etc - meaning increased caloric expenditure.

Of course if someone is busting their ass on a bike and some1 is just sitting there playing with their dick on the rower of course bike wins - but same effort + time on each machine would = greater caloric expenditure on the Rower + of course increased fitness and I'd go as far to say increased strength.

With the rower your using the upper body and lower body to perform the movement, the core is working alot harder etc etc - meaning increased caloric expenditure.

Of course if someone is busting their ass on a bike and some1 is just sitting there playing with their dick on the rower of course bike wins - but same effort + time on each machine would = greater caloric expenditure on the Rower + of course increased fitness and I'd go as far to say increased strength.

Your heart can only pump so much blood. Working the upper as well as the lower at the same time means each cannot work as hard as if being worked individually.

Back to the start, cardio is as difficult as how hard you go.

The deck of cards can be done indoors with no equipment, one of the hardest workouts you can do!
Also, i love a road run, even in the cold!

If you are not training for anything specific the most important thing about cardio is doing something that you enjoy otherwise you will never stick with it.

Your heart can only pump so much blood. Working the upper as well as the lower at the same time means each cannot work as hard as if being worked individually.

Back to the start, cardio is as difficult as how hard you go.

Yea lol