• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

working holiday advice

I knew a girl who went on an overseas working holiday to Australia 17 years ago and left her boyfriend behind. I married her and we've got 2 kids. You never know what may lay ahead Mocha.
sometimes i feel like i was the child produced for permanent residency :(
my parents are divorcing atm but theyve never loved each other, never in my life have i seen then hold hands, hug or kiss.

Not sure if importing an internet bride counts as a working holiday mate.

Another thigh-slapper from the man-child.

sometimes i feel like i was the child produced for permanent residency :(
my parents are divorcing atm but theyve never loved each other, never in my life have i seen then hold hands, hug or kiss.

Use their situation as a lesson when choosing who you ultimately want to spend your life with.

when you do, do this - [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlfKdbWwruY]Where the Hell is Matt? (2008) - YouTube[/ame]

id like to have $5000 minimum saved up to take over.. just in case the job/working thing is very difficult, i can still travel and stay in hostels..

im not sure if its unrealistic wanting to see all of UK and most of Europe.. Like these countries in particular, Sweden, France, Italy, Greece, Spain & Switzerland, its going to take quite abit of planning and saving>
i found a good budget planner on the st george website.
Damet i even wanna see Brazil and Argentina but i will have to save those for another trip

Looks like a fantastic idea, makes me want to do it (22 in a few months) but want to get an apprenticeship....

By looks like a good idea, I mean 'bloody do it!!!'

Saving for it would be the easy part for me, getting the time off work would be the hard part.

How do you actually go about getting jobs in those countries?

Saving for it would be the easy part for me, getting the time off work would be the hard part.

How do you actually go about getting jobs in those countries?

i think you can organise with some website to have a pub job in the uk or something..or a ski instuctor job in canada, but alot of what ive read on jobs in the rest of europe is just rocking up to numerous cafes/bars etc till u get a yes.. just have to get lucky and keep trying

So Alpha you save up some money & just get on a plane and let the fun begin ?

How long did it take before you found your feet, were you worried that maybe you could run out of money ????

I would like to do a working holiday in Europe. Intrigued how some people get things happening ? Did you go by yourself..

So Alpha you save up some money & just get on a plane and let the fun begin ?

How long did it take before you found your feet, were you worried that maybe you could run out of money ????

I would like to do a working holiday in Europe. Intrigued how some people get things happening ? Did you go by yourself..

Of course I was worried about running out of money. I had a backup though in case I needed to go home.

I stayed in Berlin because I could survive off around 350-400 Euros with rent, food, and I could ride a bike anywhere for transport. Got a job after about 1-2 months, had money, saved what I could and travelled on weekends when I could. It would be best to go with a little more money and travel more. I was there to learn German, and that I did. I travelled a fair bit too. I really loved Norway though. It depends where you want to go, but I suggest just save up as much money as possible, and from what I heard, you will hate London after awhile if you go there.

And yea I was getting sick of sitting around so I thought why not, I'm 20, why the fuck not! Had no girlfriend or anything holding me back.

Do you get paid in cash... if not i'd see it being a lot of hassle with paperwork etc??

Also what about other parts of Europe, I know about 2 words of German so would be relying on people knowing English and being able to understand my bogan Australia accent lol...

Sweden/Holland or something would be cool, preferably somewhere not freezing though....

Do you get paid in cash... if not i'd see it being a lot of hassle with paperwork etc??

Also what about other parts of Europe, I know about 2 words of German so would be relying on people knowing English and being able to understand my bogan Australia accent lol...

Sweden/Holland or something would be cool, preferably somewhere not freezing though....

I was fortunate to have German friends and I did everything properly. I did go there for a girl originally..

If you only speak English just go to Scotland or England. Not my favourite countries but they are OK. I just don't like London.

I was fortunate to have German friends and I did everything properly. I did go there for a girl originally..

If you only speak English just go to Scotland or England. Not my favourite countries but they are OK. I just don't like London.

yeah i was thinking england.. seems like the safest option