• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Working out after a new born.

Well I did have to get up and feed my kids because my missus had issues feeding herself. Unless you have been though it you know fuck all about it

Well I did have to get up and feed my kids because my missus had issues feeding herself. Unless you have been though it you know fuck all about it

I'm up at 4am 7 days a week kids or not.

People like to exaggerate what they have to do for kids. It's your fucking choice to have those shitting machines. Don't make it out like you are doing some favor to society.

I'm up at 4:15 regardless if I'm working or not... Want a medal ?
When have I ever made out I'm doing a favor to society?
All I said was unless you have kids of your own you have no idea what it's like.
Maybe I should start dishing out dairy cow advice

I'm up at 4:15 regardless if I'm working or not... Want a medal ?
When have I ever made out I'm doing a favor to society?
All I said was unless you have kids of your own you have no idea what it's like.
Maybe I should start dishing out dairy cow advice

Seriously people have kids, big fucking deal. Every bogan manages to spit dozens of them out. It effects your sleep, well fuck me, think about that before you have em.

Last edited:
Seriously people have kids, big fucking deal. Every bogan manages to spit dozens of them out. It effects your sleep, well fuck me, think about that before you have em.

I normally lurk. Was happy to keep doing so, but you sir - in posts not limited to this thread, sound like the biggest **** this side of the stump. Seriously... You're a fuckwit. I'd be very surprised if you had any friends irl.

I'm up before 4am most weekdays, can I get one of those medals? [MENTION=15107]kjr37[/MENTION]; you've done it now. This is sport to Baz, swatting peasants while he knocks back a glass of Moet and hand maidens attend to his every whim.

I normally lurk. Was happy to keep doing so, but you sir - in posts not limited to this thread, sound like the biggest **** this side of the stump. Seriously... You're a fuckwit. I'd be very surprised if you had any friends irl.

Oh fucking seriously. People whinging about kids keeping them up at night. What do you fucking expect when you decided to have them.

Don't worry dude. As someone who is trying himself to have kids (with a partner - added bonus) ; I am anticipating a hit to the release of my melatonin :)

I think Bazza has an opinion on a lot of things and likes it to be heard.

I am sure irl he is just this cuddly, lovable piece of man candy that men and woman alike could not help but be enamoured with :cool:

Lol Stiffy... Put it better than I could have :)

Anyway, bit of an update. Sorry to dissapoint Bazza, but I'm one of those who helps but you won't hear me complaining. Just trying to fit in what I can around what I do.

Baby has colic at the moment so I try and help wind etc while the wife gets some sleep between feeds. I head to bed around midnight and up at 5. Only got 3 hours the night before :( Was trying to workout at home at night which wasn't happening after putting my 3 year old to bed then staying up with bub. It's tiring but not complaining. Just started doing short workouts at work instead which seems to be alright but the fatigue is certainly a factor from lack of sleep. Only lasts for a couple of months and it takes adjusting but worth it.

We had three under the age of five and I was working away; it was very difficult to keep training and I dropped out for a while then. In hindsight I had all the time in the world to train compared to now. Teenage kids require an enormous amount of your time.

We had three under the age of five and I was working away; it was very difficult to keep training and I dropped out for a while then. In hindsight I had all the time in the world to train compared to now. Teenage kids require an enormous amount of your time.

Yes but you can tell them you're going to work out for an hour and they will talk to you later, little ones don't exactly get it nor put themselves into bed :p

Congratulations, unlurking to submit a well thought out post.

Congratulations, unlurking to submit a well thought out post.

Out lurker didn't come back.

I'll agree with him. I'm a fuckwit. Big deal, everyone already knows that here. Would have been good if he could have added an actual argument to the discussion rather than name calling.

Interesting observation, you can't call Oni those names because the relatives get angry but others it's ok?? Strange.

Out lurker didn't come back.

I'll agree with him. I'm a fuckwit. Big deal, everyone already knows that here. Would have been good if he could have added an actual argument to the discussion rather than name calling.

Interesting observation, you can't call Oni those names because the relatives get angry but others it's ok?? Strange.

we are are just cock sucking fuck-wits, but for the life of me I cannot understand how Brick knew, I was sucking darkoz's dick, it must have been [MENTION=9251]Darkoz[/MENTION]; that told him.

Yes but you can tell them you're going to work out for an hour and they will talk to you later, little ones don't exactly get it nor put themselves into bed :p

Little ones don't have school or tuition fees requiring parents a paranoid work ethic to keep them fed and clothed; they dont eat much, dont need help with assignments or homework, don't need to be driven to drama/gymnastics/music/football/judo/weightlifting and the big kids need more than a cardboard box to keep them entertained at other times.

Last edited:
Have my second child on the way next week and no doubt lack of sleep will be a factor. I am doing Tough Mudder in August again so need to keep up the strength and fitness. Problem is the extra duties to take care of.

I normally run around 4.30am but can't see that happening after sleepless nights. I have a small window to get to work and be out of work to be able to pick my son up from daycare and then doing the dad duties when I get home.

Weekends are usually the rest period but I am starting to think maybe I could fit in my big workouts on these days.

Anyway got any tips on working out with limited time?

Yes, give up on the time consuming endurance stuff and compress your routine into more intense compound exercises.

You can still make progress on two to three times per week 60-90 minutes per session.

I told my wife I'm gonna give up the gym for a few months when our first child is born.
She was like...no your not! You have to stay in shape! We will wait and see if that changes once bub arrives!