• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

"You don't budge from there, do you?"

Kyle Aaron

That's what a PT said to me yesterday.

"What?"
"Your whole workout, you're in the cage, you never step out of it, you do everything in there." He smiled.
"Well, yeah. Chins, rows, press, bench, deadlift, squat... that's all I do."
"And you can do your curls there, too."
"I don't curl."
"You should!"
"Why? Chinning my bodyweight and rowing it aren't enough?"
"True."
"It's a good spot, too. Nobody bothers me."
"Nobody bothers me, either. But then nobody wants to work in when I'm doing 160kg squats, too much shuffling of plates."
"Well I certainly don't have that problem. I just mean, hardly anybody here squats or deadlifts, so I get the cage to myself."
"You don't have a training partner? Mine's down there at the pool, he keeps piking out. Doesn't want to train legs."
"I've been through three. They always go, what, only three exercises? that's useless! We do it anyway then next time they don't show up, when I run into them, turns out those three exercises destroyed them. They say, I was too tired to train the next day!"
"So, just come in three times a week."
"That's what I told them. I think they'd rather just do curls every day."

I don't know what the point of that story is, I just thought it was funny. :)

Im the same way people look at me funny..

I dont care i deadlift 150kg for reps **** them all..

I know what you mean Kyle, I got asked today why I don't do any arm stuff! lol

I'm doing 3-4x8 reps on

Bench, chins, Weighted dips, BB Bent-over row and then seated smith machine shoulder press, keeping everything heavy always, it smashes me :)

My workouts seem to be like this these days as well. Squats, Deads and Overhead press are all in the cage.

yeah it takes up the whole spare room, im hoping to buy a house soon so i'll make sure it has a large shed/garage to set it up in.

ah i get that too people wanna train with me and then they come and never show up again cause it was "too intense"!! lazy ppl. we dont have a cage at our gym but we got a big as squat rack which i use for everything, accept lat pulldown and chins as its not high enough. we had a cage at my old and and i was only one who used it for squats... everyone else used it for curls...

yeah it takes up the whole spare room, im hoping to buy a house soon so i'll make sure it has a large shed/garage to set it up in.
Garage would be great, I had a crappy home set up before I joined a gym but it was on timber floors and that sucked, you can't drop weights... :(

Garage would be great, I had a crappy home set up before I joined a gym but it was on timber floors and that sucked, you can't drop weights... :(

mines on timber floors at the moment. i have a few layers of floating floor underlay and a couple of layers of thin MDF under it, protects it ok but i have to be careful deadlifting that i control the weight down carefully which gets a bit hard around 150kg

I'm not even going really heavy, as you guys know. If I were (say) squatting 160kg, deadlifting 200kg, military pressing 80kg, okay fair enough ordinary gym goers would be a bit overwhelmed. But me - nobody's stopping to look at my lifts.

All three training partners have been guys with months or years of gym time behind them, and could manage most of my lifts without trouble. And it's only 3 exercises, 18 sets over an hour, so after loading and lifting there's 2'30" or so rest between sets. I'd call it moderately intense. Intense would be 30+ sets in an hour, or going at 90+% 1RM for most sets.

I guess it's just not what they're used to. Endless bicep curls, 50 reps on the machine leg press or lat pulldown just doesn't take it out of you the same way.

Unfortunately there's no spare space for a cage here at home. Or rather there is, but my woman thinks the car needs a bedroom :p

Plus I'm more motivated with other people around.

I'm not even going really heavy, as you guys know. If I were (say) squatting 160kg, deadlifting 200kg, military pressing 80kg, okay fair enough ordinary gym goers would be a bit overwhelmed. But me - nobody's stopping to look at my lifts.

All three training partners have been guys with months or years of gym time behind them, and could manage most of my lifts without trouble. And it's only 3 exercises, 18 sets over an hour, so after loading and lifting there's 2'30" or so rest between sets. I'd call it moderately intense. Intense would be 30+ sets in an hour, or going at 90+% 1RM for most sets.

I guess it's just not what they're used to. Endless bicep curls, 50 reps on the machine leg press or lat pulldown just doesn't take it out of you the same way.

Unfortunately there's no spare space for a cage here at home. Or rather there is, but my woman thinks the car needs a bedroom :p

Plus I'm more motivated with other people around.

Not sure about a cage, but i saw a sqaut rack @ aldi for $99 bucks last night, just need a bar..

MD

Gosh, Aldi is moving in to the budget fitness market?

I love Aldi for grocery shopping (so cheap!) but really not sure about buying fitness stuff from them. For example, recently saw that Aldi was selling harnesses, carabiners, belay devices for rockclimbing, for about half of the price of any mountaineering shop. Decided against buying them in the end since I couldn't be convinced of the quality...

Not sure about a cage, but i saw a sqaut rack @ aldi for $99 bucks last night, just need a bar..

MD

Check the load rating on that squat rack. I have a feeling it won't be very high at all. I like Aldi and do my grocery shopping there every week but at 99 bucks for a squat rack I'd suggest it's for light weight use only.

Nothing a bit of bracing and a few support welds wont fix :)

Seriously though, you get what you pay for in 99% of cases.

I had the lady trainer at the gym in town today come up and ask me if i was a power lifter and what i was training for..

She says everyone was talking about me because of my routine.

Lol head inflate x 100

I had the lady trainer at the gym in town today come up and ask me if i was a power lifter and what i was training for..

She says everyone was talking about me because of my routine.

Lol head inflate x 100

just tell 'em your trying to tone up a bit for summer ;)

yer i laugh when friends of mine at my gym are still doing the same program they were doing at the start of the year when i met them since then my bro and i have done 3-4 different programs and they are like oh that sounds tuff...*walks back to preacher bench to do more curls* then they watch you do squats and deadlifts and say stuff like oh that light throw more on but never deadlift or squat themselves i quickly say oh you want a go they say nah man i dont need to do sqauts i got big legs already or my favourite...i dont train my legs it makes my upper body look smaller wtf?