• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

You're worst workout routine?

walt

DuffProteinMan
Well, basically for laughs, i thought i would post up my bad routine which i did last year.

At times, whenever i felt like it, i would just go and pick up some dumbbells and do endless dumbbell curls. My biceps never grew so i just stopped. Luckily i now have more knowledge in weight lifting so now i do a balanced routine.

What is your worst routine?

Edit: Posted in wrong section, sorry.

Last edited:
I try to ensure that my worst workout is always my last workout. I'm relentless in my pursuit of decline.

EDIT:
What is your worst routine? Well the majority of trainees would have pretty poor routines when they're just beginners, this thread could end up with hundreds of posts if they all list them.

Last edited:
week 1
Deadlifts
Shrugs
Squats

Wednesday
Bench
Clean's
Shoulder press

Friday
Deadlifts
Shrugs
Swings w kettle bell

week 2
CHEST/TRI'S MONDAY
DB PRESS
INCLINE PRESS
INCLINE FLY W CABLE
OVER HEAD DB EXTENSIONS
ROPE PULL DOWNS
TRICEP PUSHDOWN MACHINE

LEGS TUESDAY
PRESS
CURLS
EXTENSIONS
CALF RAISE

BACK/BI'S THURSDAY
LAT PULL DOWN
CABLE ROW
ONE ARM ROW
STANDING BB 21'S
SEATED INCLINE CURL
HAMMER CURLS

SHOULDERS FRIDAY
DB PRESS
FRONT RAISE
SIDE RAISE
BENT OVER

then 1 day a week i do a mix of all compound as a circuit.

The one given to me by the gym PTs

Leg extn
leg curl
seated calf raise
pec dec
lat pul down
assisted dip
bb curls

In that exact order, 3x12 reps 3x a week!. Pretty poor now looking back!!

First session. About 11 months ago. Straight out of my journal.

Bench: 3x8 80kg (this wasn't full rom. Stopping a few inches off of chest. Such a noob)
BB Curls: 3x8 30kg
Upright Rows: 3x8 45kg
Skull Crush: 3x15 20.5kg
Cable Xover: 3x15 27.5kg

8km on exercise bike.

I then went on to do a 3 day split before coming to my senses.
Posted via Mobile Device

Some crap when I was 16 and didn't even stay consistent with that for more than a month, wonder why. Pull downs, pull overs and floor presses

Mon:
squat 3x5, bench 3x5, dips

Tues:
deadlift 3x3, mp 3x5, chins

Wed:

Thurs:
deadlift 3x3, mp 3x5, chins

Fri:

max effort on all lifts
add 2.5kg per workout to your squat (+7.5kg a week)
add 5kg to your deadlift per workout (+10kg a week)
add 2.5kg to your bench and mp per workout (+5kg a week)

I did that for 2 weeks then i had some pretty major CNS burnout lol. see if you can beat 2 weeks

Listening to Mens Health routines for a year! Has anyone read that magazine?
Posted via Mobile Device

I did 5x5 even when it didnt work. Anyone who thinks overtraining doesnt exist is talking out their ass, i was sleeping 15 hours a day...

The only GOOD routine I have done was Starting Strength. Everything else including what I do now is shit house. I need somewhere to train where I can actually do the exercises without my press hitting the roof or my squats and deadlifts making me fall through the floor or it raining or getting dark (I did SS outside at one point great during summer and when i wasnt working much but ****ed all other times).

My worst working routine would be when I first started, I was just doing whatever whenever for the first two months. Looking back I wish I had known what I know now and done a proper routine, chances are I would have been stronger now.

My first ever workout (can't remember how many sets and reps but I do remember the exercises). I twas a Chest and Tri session

Bench Press
Incline Press
Decline Press
Flat fly, incline fly, decline fly (super set, 3 or 4 sets I think)
Pec Dec
Cable Crossovers
Cable Pushdowns
Tricep Kickbacks
Cross bench Dips

Might have done more but that's what i remember.
I was as sore as phuck the next day and the the next week.

What I'm doing now....Jks.

I was fortunate I did a bit of research but I followed a split for aaages plus my diet was piss weak. And I did waaay too much! Like even more than I do now. Stupid ey

gareer, it isnt possible to do more than you do now lol.

My worst routine was when I first started, trained everyday, started with a 20 min run, then machines machines machines.

* shakes head *

Bench Press
Incline Press
Decline Press
Flat fly, incline fly, decline fly (super set, 3 or 4 sets I think)
Pec Dec
Cable Crossovers

And I did waaay too much! Like even more than I do now.

You two should get in touch with Guinness Book of World Records.

Shrek for 8 different chest exercises (gotta be a world record).

Gareer for most sets ever in the history of the world. I counted 43 sets in one of your recent workouts. What were you doing back then, 70 sets?

You're worst workout routine?
Whenever my workout becomes a routine it becomes my worst workout.

Take the routine out of your workouts and you're half way there to never again have a bad (let alone) a worst workout. Variation (no matter how small) will always rule and prevent adaptations of all kind.

Fadi.

Gareer for most sets ever in the history of the world. I counted 43 sets in one of your recent workouts. What were you doing back then, 70 sets?

Would like to see the answer to this too.

Shrek for 8 different chest exercises (gotta be a world record)

You can tell you work out at home, in the local gym that would be considered a low volume chest day. Must have been working his way into it slowly.

Whenever my workout becomes a routine it becomes my worst workout.

Take the routine out of your workouts and you're half way there to never again have a bad (let alone) a worst workout. Variation (no matter how small) will always rule and prevent adaptations of all kind.

Fadi.

Indeed, wise words.

Would like to see the answer to this too.

You can tell you work out at home, in the local gym that would be considered a low volume chest day. Must have been working his way into it slowly.
This was done in a gym, many, many, many years ago...LOL

I'm afraid to post it I'm so ashamed lol. This was before all my guidance from Ausbb...

Bench Press x 5
Incline Bench x 5
Decline x 5
DB Flys x 5
Cable Crossovers x 3/5 (sometimes didn't always do this depending on how much time I had :p)
Close Grip Bench x 5
SkullCrushers x 5
Dips x 5
Tricep Pressdowns x 5
Sometimes Lying Dumbbell extension x 5
Plus some abwork

for a total of around 50 sets.... in the space of roughly an hour. People would actually come up and comment on how hard I was working.

Don't kill me >.< I've learned better now!