• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

0ni's diet log

Thanks Darkoz
I put some BBQ chipotle sauce on my wings to BBQ just now. It has peppers and tomato in it lol.
I get most of my B vitamins from the spinach I eat, folate is the main thing to get into diet. Vitamin C I get from green tea which I drink a lot of

y8e5ema8.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

[MENTION=8399]0ni[/MENTION];
Lately I have discovered I can I eat the house down if it's meat and fats, with a bit of spinach or Bok choi...but as soon as I try eat some potato or chips for a bit of a 'carb up' I instantly feel full!! Like unable to even finish a plate of food...
Would you say this would be a symptom of developing better insulin sensitivity??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

[MENTION=8399]0ni[/MENTION];
Lately I have discovered I can I eat the house down if it's meat and fats, with a bit of spinach or Bok choi...but as soon as I try eat some potato or chips for a bit of a 'carb up' I instantly feel full!! Like unable to even finish a plate of food...
Would you say this would be a symptom of developing better insulin sensitivity??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Maybe, I'm not sure
I found that my pallet completely changed. I used to love steak now I hate it. Or don't want it very often anyway. Stewed it's nice. Lately I've been making shell-less tacos and they are very nice

A few thoughts
The amount of spices I was consuming managed to throw me out of ketosis. So I will be spicing my foods a little less and going instead for strong sauces in my cooking

Even though my abs are slow to come through, I have noticed that my gut width is WAY down by several inches. I must have had significant visceral fat which is going down.

The morning cardio as abs works very well already! Nice amount of new vascularity in the abs I noticed today

I decreased my protein slightly by drinking less shakes and I am less hungry during the day. I am replacing the calories with fats. Butter mixed 50/50 with coconut oil works well. So instead of a 30g protein shake I am having 10g of fats.

Green tea is great, really great. It makes my brain cum

A few thoughts
The amount of spices I was consuming managed to throw me out of ketosis. So I will be spicing my foods a little less and going instead for strong sauces in my cooking

ive never heard of that before...which spices are you using that you think are throwing you out of ketosis?

Cayenne and paprika mostly
We are talking a lot here
5g is 2g of carbs + 1g fibre

what is the limit for carbs to keep you in ketosis? i have heard all varying numbers up to 100g. some say not including fibre carbs, some say all carbs. what is the rule?

surely if it was up to 100g then the 2g from spices would really be that bad?

what is the limit for carbs to keep you in ketosis? i have heard all varying numbers up to 100g. some say not including fibre carbs, some say all carbs. what is the rule?

5% of your daily calories is about right
For me this is around 30g
I get some lactose from my protein shakes and then vegetables as well. The spices tipped it over the edge. I was getting almost 10g of carbs from spices lol so it was the easiest to cut down.

Fibre is undigestable, do not include it

Reckon you could do a 1 hand chin up Oni?

I'm training for it but it seems like a pipe dream atm, like a 4 plate bench or something.

thanks

so your calorie target is 2400cal correct? how are you mesuring your ketosis state?

I use keto diastix. They are very cheap from any pharmacy. You want your levels around "3" for optimum fatloss. Above 3 you don't get further benefit.

I am eating 150g of fats average (15g from fish oil, so 135 "real" food) On low calorie days I multiply this by 0.8 and on high calorie days I multiply this by 1.2. The low calorie days I have turkey mince and high calorie days I have beef mince. This means I am eating the same volume as food and it's easier psychologically. Calories and protein I have no idea really I don't bother counting it. I have a scoop of whey before/during training sessions. Low calorie days protein is higher simply because the meat is leaner.

Just doing some simple maths from the meat alone I am eating 190g of protein on high calorie days + a shake and on low calorie days 235g of protein + a shake.

Reckon you could do a 1 hand chin up Oni?

I'm training for it but it seems like a pipe dream atm, like a 4 plate bench or something.

Not yet, I try sometimes. I am getting very good at pull-ups though. I feel like I don't have the biceps strength for one armed

Oh yeah, I reckon he could no hands!
He'd just will himself up.
Strong he is.

Soon.

Oni beat me to it, it differs for most people, 30g seems to be the norm that most people recommend, and that seems to work for almost everyone.

100g would be very unlikely to keep most people in Ketosis, might still work for some, we are all different and we all respond different to diets and foods.

100g will get you into ketosis
But it will not keep you in ketosis
I suspect it would be very bad and would make you feel terrible really.

As the brain adapt to using ketones, you need less glucose to stay in ketosis. Eventually you will need under 30g or under 5% of total calories. Different people say different things. TBH I just keep them as low as possible. Just get them from spices/vegetables and even them I am at maybe 10g

100g will get you into ketosis
But it will not keep you in ketosis
I suspect it would be very bad and would make you feel terrible really.

As the brain adapt to using ketones, you need less glucose to stay in ketosis. Eventually you will need under 30g or under 5% of total calories. Different people say different things. TBH I just keep them as low as possible. Just get them from spices/vegetables and even them I am at maybe 10g

Exact opposite actually...