• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

3 day upper body only

When I was training to get a 210kg bench (which was a jr aus record...so I know how to bench lol) - I was training bench 3-4 x a week and doing direct tricep and rear delt work 3 times a week.....these programs were fairly advanced I must admit...variations of russian style weight lifting plans and diff sheiko programs...

WS4SB is great for athletes....I would not suggest this program unless your training for sport....

Focus on a goal...work towards that goal with the right programing and achieve that goal, then move onto the next goal...dont have 2,3,4 diff goals at once because you will get nowhere....

Also getting a 100kg bench should only really take you 2-3 months, if that...unless you bench is like 20kg atm...but id say youd be able to bench 60kg??

yes i can bench 60kg lol. I had impingement issues with my shoulders for around a year so I've only started recently being able to do bench pain free. I could do DB bench pain free. I can DB press more than I can BB press lol. But I don't see how my program is having too many goals. The bench is the main thing in there and rows.
I did WS4SB previously and my physique improved heaps, not so much strength on bench. Thought I'd give madcows a go, but my fucking leg. Shit sucks. So I'm just taking the squats and deads out and leaving bench and rows and trying to program around that. I dunno lol. I just want to try and get the 100kg bench within this 6 months and improve my row/back then focus on my physique. Legs over power everything else atm though, so I'm not too worried about not doing some squats for a bit until I clear this issue.

Thoughts? Maybe a bit westside assistance based.

Mon:
madcow 5 x 5 bench (heavy)
madcow 5 x 5 row (heavy) (maybe not do 5 x 5 on the rows and just do one arm DB rows?)
chins
supplement DB press 3 x 8-12
optional: bi/tri

Wed: (light)
trap bar deadlift 1 x 5 (if leg doesn't pinch)
dips 3 x 8
l-lateral raises or some shoulder exercise 3 x 8-12
back raises 2 x 8-12

Fri:
madcow 5 x 5 bench (medium)
madcow 5 x 5 row (medium)
pull ups
supplement DB press 3 x 8-12
optional: bi/tri

Last edited:
Try it out and see... You need to try it out for a few months and see if it works for you.

Edit* yeah, what joel said.

Just want to really know if the programming/whatever looks like dirt or could possibly work. I had awesome results on WS4SB but my bench wasn't improving on the conjugate method so I thought maybe doing the 5 x 5 on the bench and than westside style assistance. (sort of.. i know it's not 100% like WS4SB but I just removed what I didn't like and added what I liked.

Just want to really know if the programming/whatever looks like dirt or could possibly work. I had awesome results on WS4SB but my bench wasn't improving on the conjugate method so I thought maybe doing the 5 x 5 on the bench and than westside style assistance. (sort of.. i know it's not 100% like WS4SB but I just removed what I didn't like and added what I liked.

It looks like it could work mate...as I said though u'll need to give it a go and see if it works for you....

I have always found that the conjugate method is fairly advanced and if you dont already have a really good base of strength it tends to not work that great....but def a good idea taking some idea about assistance work from Westside...