• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

any ideas?

aj1221

Hey

i started working out seriously about 7 weeks ago. ive been training on average 5 days a week alternating body parts and ive been making good gains so far. i always try to train in good form. However recently ive noticed that my joints appear to be "cracking" more often than usual. usually my back when i wake up and then other joints throughout the day. just wondering if anyones got any ideas on this? whether i'm not training properly or something to do with my diet?

cheers

is there any soreness and or stiffness accompanying the popping
cracking can be causeed by the tendoms rubbing ,or by air escaping , Stretching and warming up will minimize the popping

as long as there is no pain associated with the cracking/popping of the joint all is fine

Last edited:
escaping gases and Movement of joints, tendons and ligaments cause the cracking /pop of the joint

Arthritic joints make sounds caused by the loss of smooth cartilage and the roughness of the joint surface. but with this you will feel some pain

so in short nothing to worry about