• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

BoyFromAus

So I went out and got some Aspirin today.
Lady at the pharmacy was asking many questions like "what's it for... how strong a dose do you need etc."

I said it's for my friend Charlie who's got neck pain and he needs a medium dose.... she didn't bother to question me further...anyway...

Fadi was saying in a previous post to take 1 tablet a day.

Fadi, got a few qs

1). when should the tablet be consumed?
2). will it make me drowsy?
3). how much dosage should I be taking per day? I bought Aspro Clear

Thanks,

be cautious taking aspirin every day - it will reduce your ability to clot. So if you have surgery or dental work coming up, stop it one week before. It takes around 7 days for the effect on your platelets (clotting cells) to return to normal.

Lady at the pharmacy was asking many questions like "what's it for... how strong a dose do you need etc."

I said it's for my friend Charlie who's got neck pain and he needs a medium dose.... she didn't bother to question me further...anyway...

Fadi, got a few qs

Thanks,

Rasika, Eje is right. I have always asked people to get an OK from their Doctor before embarking on a regular aspirin taking. Consume it whilst having something in the stomach; aspirins don't make one drowsy. I believe it comes in 333mg and there's also a baby aspirin of 88mg I think. One adult one or three baby ones spread out through out the day. Again, aspirin is a drug so please get the clearance from your GP. You may want to tell him/her that you're only taking it for a particular purpose (aromatase inhibition) etc. Also, you may want to reduce your omega 3 oils to no more than 3g when on it due to the blood thinning effect that both of these products are strong at.

Fadi.

Last edited:
Rasika, Eje is right. I have always asked people to get an OK from their Doctor before embarking on a regular aspirin taking. Consume it whilst having something in the stomach; aspirins don't make one drowsy. I believe it comes in 333mg and there's also a baby aspirin of 88mg I think. One adult one or three baby ones spread out through out the day. Again, aspirin is a drug so please get the clearance from your GP. You may want to tell him/her that you're only taking it for a particular purpose (aromatase inhibition) etc. Also, you may want to reduce your omega 3 oils to no more than 3g when on it due to the blood thinning effect that both of these products are strong at.

Fadi.

The one i've got is 320mg per tablet.
I haven't got GP clearance. I got a pack of 20. I only want to use it over a 3 week - 4 week period.

Would limiting it to 5 days on and 2 days off reduce the blood thinning effect?

I haven't got GP clearance. I got a pack of 20. I only want to use it over a 3 week - 4 week period.

ManFromAus,

Rasika, the answer is no. Aspirin has a carry over effect. Check this out: Aspirin To Prevent Heart Attack And Stroke

There are millions of people who take aspirin on a daily basis Rasika with full benefits. What we here on the forum are emphesising is not so much that it's somehow going to "kill" you or similar; we just want you and anyone else who wishes to take it to pop in and see their GP and tell them what you have told us above, that's all.

Fadi.

you can get low dose asprin that they give to heart attack and stroke patients.
if you go to one of the discount chemists you will see giant boxes of the stuff for next to nothing.

Asprin is a lot safer than ibuprofen (can cause stomach ulcers) and paracetemol (build up in liver). And Aspro Clear actually tastes OK as well!

Fadi, got a few qs

Thanks,

1) Anytime of the day, its only aspirin.
2) No drowsiness, if anything you may be more alert due to increased circulation brought about by the blood thinning properties of the aspirin. Stacking aspirin with caffiene works great as a pw as well, i do this myself.
3) 100mg-300mg for adults, but more can be taken in most cases.

be cautious taking aspirin every day - it will reduce your ability to clot. So if you have surgery or dental work coming up, stop it one week before. It takes around 7 days for the effect on your platelets (clotting cells) to return to normal.

I wouldn't be too concerned about this, unless your prone to aspirins side effects and you also use a lot of aspirin.

I remember reading somewhere that 100mg of aspirin washed down with a large glass of water before bed will greatly decrease your chances of having a heart attack in the middle of the night.

I don't know anyone who gets GP clearance for aspirin lol, its very safe mate. Some people get internal bleeding from aspirin and even this is easily fixed, just stop the fucken aspirin!

you can get low dose asprin that they give to heart attack and stroke patients.
if you go to one of the discount chemists you will see giant boxes of the stuff for next to nothing.

Asprin is a lot safer than ibuprofen (can cause stomach ulcers) and paracetemol (build up in liver). And Aspro Clear actually tastes OK as well!

The low dosed aspirin is called Cartia. I get 96 x 300mg aspirin for about $2.95 from a chemist, costs next to nothing.

I always choose aspirin over paracetamol and ibuprofen, main reason is because aspirin is great for thinning blood and i'm always looking to thin my blood.

I remember reading somewhere that 100mg of aspirin washed down with a large glass of water before bed will greatly decrease your chances of having a heart attack in the middle of the night.

But that's exactly when I want to have my heart attack. Phuk having a heart attack in the middle of Safeway. I wanna die in my sleep, or from a White Shark attack. That way I get my name in the paper.

That makes sense. I often take aspirin before bed and/or first thing in the morning.