• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

avoid milk during a 'cut'?

ropeadope

i say cut but i'm more referring to leaning out...
i'm gonna cut down on the carbs a fair over the next few weeks and was wondering what peoples thoughts are eliminating/ cutting down on my beloved milk....?

I still have 250-500 ml a milk a day, regardless of what I am doing. Generally I have the Physical as it has the highest amount of protein in it. If it fits into your caloric intake, it won't hurt you at all. How lean are we talking? 5% - 10% - 15%?

What dieting approach are you going to use?

A diet with milk or without milk will make no difference to your cut...

Also ^^^^ what minchia said...

As above I am cutting at the moment, losing about 1kg a week, still have milk every day, can't see how it would make any difference what you eat as long as you stay within your macros of course.

I wouldn't cut milk out completely, because it is a good source of calcium, protein and good fats. But I wouldn't drink 2L of it a day while cutting, either (which I tend to do when bulking). I do reduce the amount of milk I consume while in fat loss mode, but I still aim to drink 500-1,000mL/day of it.

looking to get down to around 12%

I'm probably having around 1.5 litres a day at the moment so might now be a bad idea to reduce it a bit.

As far as dieting method is concerned, i'm just really going to reduce carbs and increase cardio as i'm currently doing ZERO of that! Still wana get decent amount of calories as i'm still lifting heavy weights...

looking to get down to around 12%

I'm probably having around 1.5 litres a day at the moment so might now be a bad idea to reduce it a bit.

As far as dieting method is concerned, i'm just really going to reduce carbs and increase cardio as i'm currently doing ZERO of that! Still wana get decent amount of calories as i'm still lifting heavy weights...

Needs to do more research if wants to cut successfully....

1. Eat a slight calorie deficit
2. Hit minimum fat and protein macros
3. Lift heavy weight 3 times a week
4 . Dont need to do cardio for a cut
5. Milk and carbs have nothing to do with losing weight.... There just a part of a much bigger picture...

12% is easily achievable just through diet and a bit of heavy lifting...

Needs to do more research if wants to cut successfully....

1. Eat a slight calorie deficit
2. Hit minimum fat and protein macros
3. Lift heavy weight 3 times a week
4 . Dont need to do cardio for a cut
5. Milk and carbs have nothing to do with losing weight.... There just a part of a much bigger picture...

12% is easily achievable just through diet and a bit of heavy lifting...

I'm still trying to work out my macros out at the moment. You know any good websites to help with that???
I've been eating very clean for the past 6 weeks and have put on muscle but have lost nothing around the stomach....Not that there is heaps to lose but definitely a bit leaner would be good.

I'm still trying to work out my macros out at the moment. You know any good websites to help with that???
I've been eating very clean for the past 6 weeks and have put on muscle but have lost nothing around the stomach....Not that there is heaps to lose but definitely a bit leaner would be good.

This calc is pretty cool...

Intermittent Fasting and Calorie Calculator | Primal Six Pack

However this calc is not necessary...

1. Download fitness pal on your phone and start counting your current calories...

2. Get really good at counting your intake - practice makes perfect....

3. Figure out how many calories you eat each week....

4. Reduce current calorie intake by 10% and run it for two weeks to see what happens... Adjust as necessary...

5 The aim is to find the calorie intake that reduces your body weight around a half a kilo a week....

Weight loss will only occur when you have a sustained calorie deficit! There are no clean foods or dirty foods... Most on here lose weight and still eat pizza and icecream and chocolate every second day...

The following are suggested min macros

Min Protein macros needs to be 1.5gms per kg of bodyweight...(spares lean mass)

Min fat needs to be 0.8gms per kg of body weight....( overall health)

Then eat whatever you want.... Just don't exceed your total weekly calorie intake...
1gm protein = 4 calories
1gm carb = 4 calories
1gm fat = 9 calories

This calc is pretty cool...

Intermittent Fasting and Calorie Calculator | Primal Six Pack

However this calc is not necessary...

1. Download fitness pal on your phone and start counting your current calories...

2. Get really good at counting your intake - practice makes perfect....

3. Figure out how many calories you eat each week....

4. Reduce current calorie intake by 10% and run it for two weeks to see what happens... Adjust as necessary...

5 The aim is to find the calorie intake that reduces your body weight around a half a kilo a week....

Weight loss will only occur when you have a sustained calorie deficit! There are no clean foods or dirty foods... Most on here lose weight and still eat pizza and icecream and chocolate every second day...

The following are suggested min macros

Min Protein macros needs to be 1.5gms per kg of bodyweight...(spares lean mass)

Min fat needs to be 0.8gms per kg of body weight....( overall health)

Then eat whatever you want.... Just don't exceed your total weekly calorie intake...
1gm protein = 4 calories
1gm carb = 4 calories
1gm fat = 9 calories

Thanks Nazzy, will do!

I'm assuming keto, no other reason to cut out milk carbs. Anyways go to Woolies, long life section buy - "Unsweeted Almond Milk" tastes just like almonds and skim milk mixed it about 1g Carbs / 250ml or less

even if you're keto, you can still get away with a little milk. i drink mostly black coffee, but i still manage to squeeze at least 1, possibly 2 lattes in every day. i was doing the soy/almond/etc alternative milks, but it was more hassle than it was worth especially when it can be managed on keto...

even if you're keto, you can still get away with a little milk. i drink mostly black coffee, but i still manage to squeeze at least 1, possibly 2 lattes in every day. i was doing the soy/almond/etc alternative milks, but it was more hassle than it was worth especially when it can be managed on keto...

Yeah all good, if it fits your macros who cares really? Same coffee fanatic here, yeah too true.

I'm assuming keto, no other reason to cut out milk carbs. Anyways go to Woolies, long life section buy - "Unsweeted Almond Milk" tastes just like almonds and skim milk mixed it about 1g Carbs / 250ml or less

Cheers mate, will definitely have to try that.