• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Bands

Aaron

I'd bet my left nut that this has been covered already. However, when I search 'bands' there's about a gazillion posts that come up.

Chins - I can't even do a single one :eek:

I've had a look on a couple of sites for bands and they seem very expensive for what they are (although I'm sure they're quality).

Can anyone offer any solutions as to alternatives?

I've heard of using bike tyre tubes? Is this effective?

Cheers,

Aaron.

With Chins start with negatives. Jump up and slowly comeback down. Do this every session. Im sure doing this 4 times a week that after a month you should be able to chin

I did that too. I just jumped off the floor for my first one for a while until I could get 2-3. I can get 12-15 now if I'm in the mood.

Feet crossed behind you, bench or chair under feet. Spot yourself by resting feet to take weight off or even pressing down for assistance. Cheap, easy, done.
Do em first, then other stuff like pulldowns and rows to start building back strength.
Bands and negatives work too.

I have a rope for chins at PTC. Brittany and Amy cant do regular chins, but they can on the rope

By rope, do you mean a rubber rope? Or do you mean using a rope running over the top of the bar and down to a counterweight?

Aaron.

Nope, just a rope, a regular rope made from rope, nothing hanging off the end except the client

Sounds an awful lot like one of these... lol

noose.jpg

Well, you said to me you'll be in at PTC in 8 weeks, when your stronger.

Want to know a better way to get stronger?

It doesnt involve waiting big fella.

Anyway, we just grab the rope and pull. I dont actually give them any instructions, its self explanatory.

The footballers love it, some can do 20 reps on it, works the grip hard as well

Interesting concept about doing chin / pull ups with rope. There's a guy at my footy club that really struggles to do chins. Head coach has him doing kat pull downs. There's a long piece of rope next to th chin up bar......maybe ask him to try it with rope.

I have been thinking for a while, if things like snatch &/or clean pulls would be ok with resistance bands. I spoke with a fellow from the AWF, he said it was an interesting idea but not overly helpful due to the mechanics of the lifts....its not recommended. Squats and deads are fun though

Cant see doing the quick lifts with bands as being helpful as it would slow the lift down.

Dont EVER do cleans with chains, I learned the hard way lol

Haha, there's a vid on YouTube of some dude doing cleans with some bands, it looks shiz as.

I was originally thinking jus thinking of pulls....I don't think it'd be any help since it'd slow the movement down....which is counterproductive