• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Beginner program!!!!!??? WHAT TO DO!?!!!

240 pounds maybe.

Ironically he had this to say about the beginner program
All I can say is it was definitely a good idea to switch to this routine, no BS the strength gains that I'm making are coming real quick and can definitely see my shoulders widening out. Would have been good if I started off with this when I first started training but thats just a lesson to be learned in don't bag something if you haven't tried it!

At the end of the day Chad is doing this for looks (which is fine) so who gives a shit how much he squats?

If he is being consistent and making improvments to his body thats all that matters.

Yeah, what the fuck does how much I squat have to do anything?

When you walking around and people see some jacked up bloke, they think fuck thats wild! A powerlifter? Fuck, how many cheesrburgers has that bloke had? What? You can squat 400lbs? How many cheeseburgers is that like 1000?

When you walking around and people see some jacked up bloke, they think fuck thats wild! A powerlifter? Fuck, how many cheesrburgers has that bloke had? What? You can squat 400lbs? How many cheeseburgers is that like 1000?

calm down bro.

Sam_Byrd_powerlifter_bodybuilder_3.jpg

^ Powerlifter

Staunch you are incorrect buddy.

I follow a similar routine to the beginners (I change it to suit me).
have a look at my recent pic in my training journal. That's no from doing bodybuilding 5 days splits.

You need to chill.

The beginners routine is superb for beginners and further.

And I am not a powerlifter but today I did 140kg squats for 4 reps.

Edit"

Save you the time here. Pullups one day, a rowing movement the next.

Untitled-1.jpg

And 99.99999% never will, but if you train like you do want to you may get something special.

Good luck looking like and being as strong as Sam Byrd.

Lift how you want. We're just trying to set you on the generally most efficient and beneficial path possible for a beginner. Strong and big are mutually beneficial things and anybody who tries to deny that fact is a fucking moron.

Lol. So your serious.

To anyone wanting to get bigger. Good luck doing it without getting stronger.

Basically lift to get strong and watch your diet to look good.

well i have made a bit of progress in a week, have gained a kilo, now weighing 87

also moved up a weight on the DB bench press, now pushing 8n reps of 45KG DB's.

I was pretty impressed with that weight cause that's what a lot of bigger boys at my gym are pushing :)

Last edited: