• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Bench press tips

Some good advice thanks fellas.

I gave the bending the bar trick a go tonight and it defintely hepled, will keep on practising.

Yep weak wrists to, how do you go about strengthing them? Just keep increasing bench? When you say weak wrists, is that just grip stengh/forearm strength?

Definitely want shoulder health. rm span is 185cm, little fingers on the markers feels OK, do you consider that to be too wide Minchia?

I remember Paul Carter talking about how he benches with a false grip and "in 20 years I have [he had] only dropped the weight twice" and that they were "good odds"

Not sure what to make of this lol

I remember Paul Carter talking about how he benches with a false grip and "in 20 years I have [he had] only dropped the weight twice" and that they were "good odds"

Yeah some get away with it but heavy weight and you only have to drop it once and it could be all over.

I don't see how its worth it.

Used false grip for 20+ years. No mishaps.

Couple of years ago I switched to normal grip. Switched back recently because I found that false did not irritate my sore shoulder and normal did.

Twice in 20 years sounds like favorable odds. However it only takes one barbell across the throat to die.