• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Biggest Nutrition Myths

I eat two meals a day, I have been for at least 2 years.
The trick is to eat good quality food.

Eating six meals a day is hard yakka and you have to make sure you have good food available.

Being young, you are pretty bullet proof, it's not until you age that you see how important exercise becomes and diet is second place.

I also think you would be surprised how little volume of food one needs to grow.

n00bs we keep repeating ourselves, so it's getting a bit pointless, but you still didn't respond to my scenario a couple of pages back.

But answer me this, if carbs are energy as you say, which get stored as fat when we don't use it and fat and protein are "building blocks", does this mean that we can just eat as much protein and fat as we like, and it will all go to "build blocks" lol, presumably meaning all go to muscle?

Of course protein and fat can be used as energy... However it is alot harder. And requires your body to go through processes to use them. No one is ever stating that u can eat all the fat and protein you want that is just madness...

The point is.. If you are a weight trianing individual how can you 100% determin your metabolic function? What use some online calculator? Height bodyweight, even body measurements to try and find out how much energy your body SHOULD be using..

But who is to say that is correct? how do you know you have optimal mitochondrial/thyroid/hormonal funciton to be spot on? You cant... So by overconsuming a little bit of protein (you may very well of under calculated your maintenance because of all the points i said above) its not going to be the end of the world, it will go to reapir/neurotransmitter synthesis/ peptide hormones.

Yes excess any calories can lead to fat gain... They can measure that no protein synthesis increases with protein consumption over a certian amount. But like i have said before every single perosn is different.

At the end of the day you learn your body you do what works and fuck everyone else...

Most people here have a good grasp on things (except oliver*) he likes to think that there are no "bad" foods.. But he doesnt tell us what bad foods are? Bad for fat loss? Health? Naturally most here think a bad food is one of empty calories that contains little if any micronutrient content. These foods add little to the diet except calories... Now its hard enough for most to keep under a certain calorie limit without adding these foods. So i dont know how they could be of any benefit besides for that fat bitch who wants to weigh 4/500kg?

*lol jks.. well

Bazza I never said that you can create more energy from energy? I dont know where you are getting this from?

I said "calories are not just calories" there is more to the process then simply 1 calorie of fat /protein or carbs has the same effect in or on the body...

As was previously stated by someone else... Eat under maintenance but the wrong thing and you gain fat, its simple...

Then the "eat your protein then make up the rest with whatever" statement well thats just ridiculous and doesnt need argument.
Bazz i think somewhere you got mixed up with what i said.

Remember that choosing processed food means more calories less micronutrients and harder to balance macros... So naturally proper food is the only way to go.

No one is debating you cant have a piece of cake occasionally. But it is the way the OP came to save the day by " look guys eat protein then whatever" based arguments get me worked up. Then they back peddle and say what you are saying in a different way to not look stupid.

Remember calories are not just claories... Food is infomation and building blocks for your body.

Noobs I think I see the misunderstanding. When I see someone say a calorie is not a calorie I think that they have somehow discovered how to break the first law of thermodynamics and I want in on the secret.

Basically now what i gather you are actually saying is some food is healthier for you than others. No argument here.

Just remember tho a calorie is aways a calorie.

Noobs I think I see the misunderstanding. When I see someone say calories are not calories I think that they have somehow discovered how to break the first law of thermodynamics and I want in on the secret.

Basically now what i gather you are actually saying is some food is healthier for you than others. No argument here.

Just remember tho a calorie is aways a calorie.

Yes as oliver stated by its very deffinition..

Such as a car is a car.. However my neighbours hyundai and my rb20 powered s13 are 2 very different cars..

I eat two meals a day, I have been for at least 2 years.
The trick is to eat good quality food.

Eating six meals a day is hard yakka and you have to make sure you have good food available.

Being young, you are pretty bullet proof, it's not until you age that you see how important exercise becomes and diet is second place.

I also think you would be surprised how little volume of food one needs to grow.

Mind sharing your diet please.
Would like to compare my 2 meals to yours.
And stats too please for comparison.

I too, have found it suprising that it does not take much food to grow.
Thought I would shrink on my diet training 6 days/week, but the opposite is happening.

- OP writes a page dispelling some super dumb nutritional myths including muscles that burn 100s of calories, carb fairies and the need to eat 12 meals a day. Oliver adds to it and other members are impressed.
- Markos writes some response about how dave is fat, carb fairies exist and live in your calories and people who eat diets entirely of tim tams.
- Op wtfs, Morgans like 'its on!'
- Noobs jumps in also aware of carb fairies in calories, returning to the example of the person who eats only tim tams whilst gradually changing the conversation to an organic food one
- Op is deemed a 'study geek' by kyle who 'should go back to his studies'. Other members agree telling stories about their friends who only eat tim tams.
- Op tries to reply and answer to all posts, Oliver backs him hesitantly not wanting to get involved in the fail
- JDiz asks for cliffs

/ phaggytime

Last edited:
would read pages but it would take to long.

Someone answer my myth.

Do you have to have double your bodyweight (pounds) in protein? I only get about 100-120g protein in a day.

Do you have to have double your bodyweight (pounds) in protein? I only get about 100-120g protein in a day.

That would cut significantly into your carb intake. Somewhere in the ball park of 1-1.5g is fine though perhaps higher is needed if youre on roid-ios.

would read pages but it would take to long.

Someone answer my myth.

You don't have to, but it won't hurt. but it can get pretty hard at 200 pounds to get 400g protein per day, so I just eat big servings of meat with every meal, throw in a protein shake and I get close. 1.5 x your bodyweight in pounds would be a good aim. The RDI is 1 gram per kilogram so 1.5 per pound of bodyweight will be fine for packing on muscle.

That would cut significantly into your carb intake. Somewhere in the ball park of 1-1.5g is fine though perhaps higher is needed if youre on roid-ios.
So it seems fine? Im a high carb moderate protein and low fat diet for bulking at the moment.

You don't have to, but it won't hurt. but it can get pretty hard at 200 pounds to get 400g protein per day, so I just eat big servings of meat with every meal, throw in a protein shake and I get close. 1.5 x your bodyweight in pounds would be a good aim. The RDI is 1 gram per kilogram so 1.5 per pound of bodyweight will be fine for packing on muscle.

Yeah im only 73kg so im at least 1.5x my bodweight in protein.

so 1g per kg or pounds? Im a high carb moderate protein and low fat diet for bulking at the moment.

Yeah im only 73kg so im at least 1.5x my bodweight in protein.
1.5 x your bodyweight in pounds. So you should be aiming for 240 grams per day.

I just annihilated a massive pizza and half a bowl of wedges. Am I gonna look like Arnie, Marky Mark or Homer?