• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Biggest Nutrition Myths

- OP writes a page dispelling some super dumb nutritional myths including muscles that burn 100s of calories, carb fairies and the need to eat 12 meals a day. Oliver adds to it and other members are impressed.
- Markos writes some response about how dave is fat, carb fairies exist and live in your calories and people who eat diets entirely of tim tams.
- Op wtfs, Morgans like 'its on!'
- Noobs jumps in also aware of carb fairies in calories, returning to the example of the person who eats only tim tams whilst gradually changing the conversation to an organic food one
- Op is deemed a 'study geek' by kyle who 'should go back to his studies'. Other members agree telling stories about their friends who only eat tim tams.
- Op tries to reply and answer to all posts, Oliver backs him hesitantly not wanting to get involved in the fail
- JDiz asks for cliffs

/ phaggytime

tl;dr

1.5 x your bodyweight in pounds. So you should be aiming for 240 grams per day.

i have troubles with fixing diets, would you mind critiquing my diet that i posted in my log?

Its lbs and its not adequate at all. Nobody debating here will tell you otherwise.

I need to buy some protein powder then. Should i just cut carbs down a bit to fix up protein?

Last edited:

I dont feel this thread should be trolled.

A lot of people here adopt the 6 meals a day diet, avoid entire food groups like starches and milk and bulk excessively because they think that by gaining a lot of muscle weight loss in the future will be easier.

You can fuck up training and lose a total of 3-5 hours out of your life. Years of prep, social, physiological and psychological restraint goes into diets like the above. If they're wrong then they need correcting.

I need to buy some protein powder then. Should i just cut carbs down a bit to fix up protein?

I'd recommend eating the largest variety of foods that your budget and taste palette will allow. Whey is a good choice, as is milk, cheese, red meats, white meats and fish.

Yes lower your carbs, and fix your fat intake if it needs fixing as well.

Last edited:
LMAO. Funniest sentence ever written on this forum.

The King of Trolls is a title I had to wrestle from OOC and Kindred with my own bare hands. It is my right therefore to decide what is trollable and what is not.

I cbf reading scientific studies and journals. This thread makes my eyes glaze over. I use common sense...eat more, eat less, as required. I lost 14 kgs in 6 months without reading any studies.

I'm serious about the snake lollies...is this a myth that they're good pwo?

the purpose of this discussion is to discuss the results of a psychologically optimal person (i.e. someone that will not deviate from what they're told).
  1. where was this purpose stated in the original post? if not, then who decided this?
  2. please introduce us to this "psychologically optimal" person. If they do not exist, what is the point of discussing them?
Obtaining real world results require the acknowledgement of both physiological and psychological factors, which is not the purpose of this thread
Obtaining real world results is not the purpose of this thread?

It may not be for you, but most of us are interested in actual results. We can fail to get results without such heavy reading.
DKD said:
I use common sense...eat more, eat less, as required. I lost 14 kgs in 6 months without reading any studies.
I had a client lose 25kg in 6 months, he just went from 2,000 to 8-9,000 steps a day and stopped eating any food where the packet was more colourful than the contents.

He didn't read a single study, either. I read a heap of studies but then said, "pfffft... eat less, move more," and taught him to squat.

- OP writes a page dispelling some super dumb nutritional myths including muscles that burn 100s of calories, carb fairies and the need to eat 12 meals a day. Oliver adds to it and other members are impressed.
- Markos writes some response about how dave is fat, carb fairies exist and live in your calories and people who eat diets entirely of tim tams.
- Op wtfs, Morgans like 'its on!'
- Noobs jumps in also aware of carb fairies in calories, returning to the example of the person who eats only tim tams whilst gradually changing the conversation to an organic food one
- Op is deemed a 'study geek' by kyle who 'should go back to his studies'. Other members agree telling stories about their friends who only eat tim tams.
- Op tries to reply and answer to all posts, Oliver backs him hesitantly not wanting to get involved in the fail
- JDiz asks for cliffs

/ phaggytime

Well this was actually hilarious. I lolled.

would read pages but it would take to long.

Someone answer my myth.

Do you have to have double your bodyweight (pounds) in protein? I only get about 100-120g protein in a day.

From my understanding 2g/kg is a minimum, but should be sufficient when mass gaining.

However, on a cut your protein requirements increase, especially if you are trying to get super lean and you may need to go up to 3g per kg of body weight in that case.

PS. Go Djokovic.

Last edited:
8. Each extra kilogram of muscle burns 100 calories per day. According to 'Dissecting the energy needs of the body' (McClave, 2001) which gives a detailed description of the calorie requirements of various organs and tissues, at rest an extra kilo of muscle burns 13 cal per day as opposed to a kilo of fat which burns 4.5/kg/BW. This amount is insignificant, as it means that by adding 10kg of muscle, you will be burning an extra 130 calories per day. Woop de doo, eat a large banana.

So this is true if you stay in bed all day and not move a muscle?

Why do your protein requirements need to be adjusted whether your "cutting" or "bulking"?

Oh and for the record, I lost 20 kilos without reading a book, or a damn study. Its called busting your ass and not having late night kebabs, which I sure enjoy now! :)

1. where was this purpose stated in the original post? if not, then who decided this?
  2. please introduce us to this "psychologically optimal" person. If they do not exist, what is the point of discussing them?

1. The purpose of this thread is persuade you that if you take these two nutritional philosophies (i.e. the OPs points vs popular opinion), apply the former to a person, and apply the latter to a behaviourally identical person, then both people will see very, very similar results
2. Again, to show the above point. We want to disregard human will and emotion and look only at physiological effects on muscle mass and body composition

Obtaining real world results is not the purpose of this thread?

It may not be for you, but most of us are interested in actual results. We can fail to get results without such heavy reading.
I concede I worded this incorrectly. What I mean is that you won't find two behaviourally identical people and that people need to determine for themselves if they would rather ingest 6 as opposed to 3 meals, vice versa, etc

So this is true if you stay in bed all day and not move a muscle?

To be honest I think I might have to do some more research on this. I'm still of the opinion that even exercizing it's not that big a difference but I'll let you know.

Why do your protein requirements need to be adjusted whether your "cutting" or "bulking"?

I edited it to clarify slightly. It's mostly when you are trying to get really lean... I don't know exactly why it is but your body resists getting super lean and increasing protein helps it keep muscle.

Bit of useless info... I had a DEXA scan a while back and learned that my maintenance calories is 3500 a day! True story

Mind sharing your diet please.
Would like to compare my 2 meals to yours.
And stats too please for comparison.

I too, have found it suprising that it does not take much food to grow.
Thought I would shrink on my diet training 6 days/week, but the opposite is happening.

Also interested on both of your diets.