• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Bodyweight Squat For Reps

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
This challenge is to see how many times you can squat your bodyweight for reps.

-Bodyweight squat means your bodyweight on the bar
-Bar must be a minimum of your bodyweight, always round up. Can't squat 225 for reps if you weigh 226.
-Must not rack bar during whole set
-All squats must be at least to parallel
-Low bar/high bar/front squats/overhead squats are all allowed
-Video required!

My guess is he is talking pounds, which suits me fine as my old weight plates are marked in pounds.

Intersting challenge. As I am training for a new PB 1RM tested in three weeks I won't be able to do it at this stage , but might give it a shot the week after I test my new 1RM.

I'm not sure I can count that high. See now, twice your bodyweight would be a more interesting challenge.

Can we switch between styles mid set without racking it? and how long between each rep?

I'm not sure I can count that high. See now, twice your bodyweight would be a more interesting challenge.

lol my total for double bodyweight would be 0.5 reps... the half rep would be comprised of the downward phase only, completed by me sitting on the floor

Fark. I thought I got to BW when I was doing mega reps.

I did 70kg x 100 @80kg BW. Then did the 60kgx161reps.

Actual max reps above BW is only 20 that I know of. 132.5kgx20 at 83kg.

Really want to have a crack at this but I have to rest the hip for a bit longer sorry. I'll mark it on my to do list :)