• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Calf Training

You just said you felt DOMS the first time you did new exercises. This is your evidence? Something that occurred once when you were new to squats however many years ago?

What have I said that's incorrect? I thought this was basic stuff for most people. Work the muscle past it's limits/overload, recover, and they'll grow.

You just said you felt DOMS the first time you did new exercises. This is your evidence? Something that occurred once when you were new to squats however many years ago?

What have I said that's incorrect? I thought this was basic stuff for most people. Work the muscle past it's limits/overload, recover, and they'll grow.

Do I have to be your father too?
Ok, I'll elucidate a bit further for you.

Yes, I stated the first time, and also all the other times I've gone back to a particular exercise after a hiatus.

its self evident you goose, not evidence.

Everything you have basically written about DOMS is PIE-eyed shit that was taught to vicfit students back in the 90's.

You're telling us you get DOMS when doing something new, congrats, have a medal.

How does that disprove that's it's a good indicator you've overloaded a muscle and then can use this to benefit muscle growth?

You're telling us you get DOMS when doing something new, congrats, have a medal.

How does that disprove that's it's a good indicator you've overloaded a muscle and then can use this to benefit muscle growth?

No, I'm telling you bozo, everyone else gets it lol.

DOMS does not facilitate growth.

DOMS is not an indicator that there is muscle growth.

Obviously. As I stated previously. Nutrition and rest is purely responsible for muscle growth. DOMS is a good indicator that you've pushed your muscles/overloaded them, and can capitalise on muscle growth with proper nutritional and rest. How many laps of this do we need to do?

DOMS is not a good, not even! an indicator that you've pushed your muscles.

overloading them, and capitalizing on muscle growth with proper nutritional and rest is a given.

"How many laps of this do we need to do?"

thats up to you

Last edited:
Why is it not a good indicator?

Actually, why not just state that in the first post instead of mindless dribble until you finally half make a point?

Most discussions on here:
1st reply - You're wrong.
2nd reply - You're still wrong and I have nothing to add or reasons to back it up.
3rd reply - Still not saying.
4th reply - This may be the case.

Why is it not a good indicator?

Actually, why not just state that in the first post instead of mindless dribble until you finally half make a point?

Most discussions on here:
1st reply - You're wrong.
2nd reply - You're still wrong and I have nothing to add or reasons to back it up.
3rd reply - Still not saying.
4th reply - This may be the case.

its drivel, not dribble, although I have been know to dribble.

My calves have grown a bit from the extra deep high bar squats I've been doing
I also rolled all the knotting out of them and stretch them daily

Still small though. But at least now you can see a bit of shape lol

It something isnt growing train it more, harder - keep eating, keep positive and enjoy the ride

I decided to try doing a 2sec pause at the bottom of the rep for standing calves last night, had a massive pump and supersetting with seated and also some donkey calf raises. All with 2sec pause at the bottom of each rep. Couldnt walk properly, but calves dont hurt today.

I decided to try doing a 2sec pause at the bottom of the rep for standing calves last night, had a massive pump and supersetting with seated and also some donkey calf raises. All with 2sec pause at the bottom of each rep. Couldnt walk properly, but calves dont hurt today.

Cool