• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Calfs vs Biceps

The size of the average man's head is between 22 and 23 inches, and I have yet to see a man with muscular arms that even began to approach the size of his head—nor do I ever expect to.

A man with a larger than average head will always look far smaller than his actual size, and vice versa.

There was one exception, Sergio Olvia.

Brickster, unless he's fat, the average man certainly doesn't have 16" arms

below 16" you look like a noodle armed loser
16's look like your "in shape" nothing more.

Trust me I've been rocking 16's for the last couple years. Nothing impressive.

On a man of average height, a 16 inch muscular arm is very impressive—a 17 inch upper arm is so large that it may make the individual appear freakish if the rest of the body's muscular proportion is not in proportion—an 18 inch upper must be seen to be appreciated—and a 19 inch upper arm approaches the impossible insofar as size is concerned.

True—I once saw a man with upper arms that were over 20 inches in reasonable muscular condition; but he wasn't an average individual—he was just under a full nine feet tall and weighted over 250kgs!

Brickhead
Please post a picture of your upper arm with a tape measure, relaxed and cold.

On a man of average height, a 16 inch muscular arm is very impressive—a 17 inch upper arm is so large that it may make the individual appear freakish if the rest of the body's muscular proportion is not in proportion—an 18 inch upper must be seen to be appreciated—and a 19 inch upper arm approaches the impossible insofar as size is concerned.

True—I once saw a man with upper arms that were over 20 inches in reasonable muscular condition; but he wasn't an average individual—he was just under a full nine feet tall and weighted over 250kgs!

Brickhead
Please post a picture of your upper arm with a tape measure, relaxed and cold.

Why would I do that, when you measure tge arm its in the flexed position you twat.

When dudes talk about wanted 18's to be stacked their talking about 18" flexrd. Unflexed you'd look like that peanut in guiness world records with the synthol arms.

Don't you old ****s know anything.

Brickster, Like most things, it's all relative.
A man with 18' arms and a 40" waist is not going to look impressive at all.
However, a man with a 30" waist and 16" muscular arms is going to stand out in the crowd.

The average man of average height, who doesn't lift and is not fat would be lucky to have 14" arms.

Last edited:
Why would I do that, when you measure tge arm its in the flexed position you twat.

When dudes talk about wanted 18's to be stacked their talking about 18" flexrd. Unflexed you'd look like that peanut in guiness world records with the synthol arms.

Don't you old ****s know anything.

Measure it flexed, I don't care.
I just want to see your guns, you mad bastard.

I would certainly agree with this, like I said mine are 16 flexed but don't consider them anything special....

As Darkoz said, above, if you rollyn 16s with a 30" waist, you'll look in good shape.

Brickster, unless he's fat, the average man certainly doesn't have 16" arms

Agree, 16 inch plus fatceps don't impress anyone and can be common among the fatties.

But lean 16inch arms can look impressive and are not very common naturally.

here are mine, measured flexed cold, as you can see 16" or just over, dont consider very impressive.

But man its hard to take a flexed photo while measuring your arms....

Neddy, as a photo like that no
And as far as shape and body fat no.

I would estimate that your head measurement be between 24 to 25?

If you had a head measurement of 23, then your arm would look pretty impressive regardless.

Actually just measured my head out of curiosity coz of what you said @Silver back and my head was 23, but still don't consider arms impressive :(

Actually just measured my head out of curiosity coz of what you said @Silver back and my head was 23, but still don't consider arms impressive :(

Don't get me wrong, Neddy, but as far as shape it's pretty average, compared to the desirable look of; short limb big muscle belly and short tendon .