• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Caveman Fitness the new Cross-fit?

I wanna get straight to the bit where you club your cave wench and drag her round by the hair.

2 ways to get rich 1 is create a religion or cult and 2 create a diet or fitness fad lol

Physical culture has an interesting history.

Powerlifting originated from being a circus attraction.
Bodybiulding was originally judged not only for aesthetics but for characture and feats of strength.
Bodybiulding magazines back then where mainly bought by gay men.

Enter the Weider and Hoffman era that took it to another level and made money out of it.

Physical culture has an interesting history.

Powerlifting originated from being a circus attraction.
Bodybiulding was originally judged not only for aesthetics but for characture and feats of strength.
Bodybiulding magazines back then where mainly bought by gay men.

Enter the Weider and Hoffman era that took it to another level and made money out of it.

From my research I deduced:

1. First came circus lifting and old school strongman feats
  2. This eventually became odd-lifts competitions
  3. When they decided to organise the odd-lift competitions it became weightlifting which has had many different variations over the decades
  4. Although bodybuilding can trace its origins back to the circus lifting and old school strongman its popularity began to grow as weightlifters began to compare their physiques
  5. Powerlifting then sprung from bodybuilding as bodybuilders began comparing their strength in the main gym lifts like the squat, bench, deadlift and even curl...
  6. Then everything got really homo and crossfit appeared

I have a good friend who was formerly one of Australia's best crossfitters and is still a crossfit coach and owns a crossfit affiliate. He calls crossfit gay all the time. What does that say...

from my research i deduced:

1. first came circus lifting and old school strongman feats
  2. this eventually became odd-lifts competitions
  3. when they decided to organise the odd-lift competitions it became weightlifting which has had many different variations over the decades
  4. although bodybuilding can trace its origins back to the circus lifting and old school strongman its popularity began to grow as weightlifters began to compare their physiques
  5. powerlifting then sprung from bodybuilding as bodybuilders began comparing their strength in the main gym lifts like the squat, bench, deadlift and even curl...
  6. then everything got really homo and crossfit appeared

10/10 :)