• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Clean and Overhead Forum List

ok first attempt at anything over 80kg

90kg @ 75kg, and 1974!

That's a great lockout. Any stretches or tips for working on oly style lockouts, I would like to improve my press form.

I'm thinking I need to go to an oly trainer.

That's a great lockout. Any stretches or tips for working on oly style lockouts, I would like to improve my press form.

LOL I started doing jerks a week ago, for this thread..sorry jj, i wont be any help..I short stepped the jerk heaps, and was wobbly as hell, plus lowering it my thumb cained just just bailed it.

Last edited:

Presses and jerks?
Lockout is lockout, even if its bent, so long as there isn't flexion your fine

Nailed a 100kg Clean and Jerk today,...sadley no video, I did fail a few also but it was soo close every time..It was teasing me lol Check my log for full session.

But The voodoo has been conquered, so it should fall again next week..

well done trofius, look forward to clip in next few weeks.

I remember first time I clean and jerked 100kg. great feeling.

Just imagine how good it feels to do 200kg.

well done trofius, look forward to clip in next few weeks.

I remember first time I clean and jerked 100kg. great feeling.

Just imagine how good it feels to do 200kg.

I think it would feel....farkin heavy....lol, but it was good at gym everyone stopped and was cheering me on, helps heaps.

My aim for the year is a 120kg clean, if i manage to jerk that, I would be amazingly happpy!!! just need heaps of technique practice, and a bit more confindnce.., ohh and to get stronger, does that matter.??

No point cleaning it if your not gona jerk it

I only do Oly lifts for fun, so I will just keep doing what i enjoy doing, no pressure. I find it enjoyable because its not just about brute strength, its a pleasant change from powerlifting..for my extra day.

did 85kg power clean and push press today after back and bicep training.

another month should be ready to challenge my 2011 lifts.

yep.. everyone making a come back lol, More vids....

Well done sparticus!,

lat week I attended a 3 hour oly lifting session, run by Ben Turner, it was really good, I learnt heaps, But need to unlearn a bit as well, lol

So wont be as focused on 1 rm, for a while rather learning some technique, and conquering the movements...hopefully my next vid here is 100+

Ben coached me for a while..

I think he's done as a lifter, I think family and injuries will stop him from coming back to his best...

It's no secret that he is pretty unreliable, I think everyone he coached permanently has left him, he may just wana do clinics with crossfitters now

found him to be pretty good, ran the session well, and it was well structured, started at the basics and worked up to full nmovements.. I got a lot from it.

Last edited:
I don't need to go into it in much detail on an online forum, but there's probably a reason he has no one anymore..
The guy went to a crossfit seminar instead of coaching his best athlete at a comp which was his last chance to qualify for comm games trials...
Strong priorities are strong.. And piss poor