• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Clean and Overhead Forum List

Here's my attempts - Bodyweight 76kg, first one is 100kg. Second is 110kg but didn't lock out!

And my 110kg Fail clean and press (I was doubting myself and didn't full commit to the press

well done azz, I will update opening thread. hopefully 110kg next time you test.

Last edited:
Here is my Log press from the weekend to add from the SA log Lifting comps. 135kg @ 97kg bodyweight. Enough to win the lightweight div (U105), would have gave me equal 3rd I think in the heavies too.

Fark, I didn't get a vid as I just randomly attempted it last week (while running a class). But 85kg clean and push press at 85kg BW. Don't have to put it up on the list as no vid but I can get someone from my class to back me up if you need proof haha.

Average I know but first time making BW overhead ever so I was happy :)

Here is my Log press from the weekend to add from the SA log Lifting comps. 135kg @ 97kg bodyweight. Enough to win the lightweight div (U105), would have gave me equal 3rd I think in the heavies too.

Well done, will put it in, but will make a separate list for log lift.

Fark, I didn't get a vid as I just randomly attempted it last week (while running a class). But 85kg clean and push press at 85kg BW. Don't have to put it up on the list as no vid but I can get someone from my class to back me up if you need proof haha.

Average I know but first time making BW overhead ever so I was happy :)

Ok, will put it up, but from now on you need a clip. Take camera with you if your are going heavy.

Ok, will put it up, but from now on you need a clip. Take camera with you if your are going heavy.

Thanks mate :)

WIll do. I normally video my heavy stuff but I was actually in the middle of running a class not doing my regular training stuff. Initially I was just going to do some light RDL's and then I thought, fark it I'll see if I can put it overhead haha.

Best video I have is 103 @73

http://youtu.be/iv6j_QiJAj4

I know I just linked you to a 2hour+ video, but it's is the last lift on the video
I've watched and analised your lift. I'm not sure if anyone else has seen what I've seen here or told you of the fact. What fact? The fact that you are a lot stronger than that 103kg you've just lifted! Let me explain what I saw here. I saw a lifter with one heck of a powerful pull, that if I was to slow down the lift, I would see you power clean that 103kg! For some (unknown) reason, you have not been told what I've just told you.That means you are pulling the weight to such a magnificent height, only to bury yourself underneath it.. It's about time you've built enough confidence and a belief in your very strong and mighty pull, that you began to see yourself cleaning 120kg, and power cleaning that 103 (any day all day!).

Let's move on to the next phase where again, I see an applied weak link that doesn't need to occur, which is preventing you from jerking 120kg (right now!) What am I talking about? I'm talking about your rear leg and the degree of which you are bending it. It looks way too stiff to me. So what does that mean Fadi, too stiff? It means if you only bend it further and sink in more (knee closer to the platform), your jerk would automatically be locked over your head with much much less effort than you are applying right now. Weightlifters do not use their arms to jerk the weight above head no ...they use their powerful gluteus and quadriceps muscles to do that...arms are no more than your attachment to that Olympic bar.

Fadi.

Last edited:
I've watched and analised your lift. I'm not sure if anyone else has seen what I've seen here or told you of the fact. What fact? The fact that you are a lot stronger than that 103kg you've just lifted! Let me explain what I saw here. I saw a lifter with one heck of a powerful pull, that if I was to slow down the lift, I would see you power clean that 103kg! For some (unknown) reason, you have not been told what I've just told you.That means you are pulling the weight to such a magnificent height, only to bury yourself underneath it.. It's about time you've built enough confidence and a belief in your very strong and mighty pull, that you began to see yourself cleaning 120kg, and power cleaning that 103 (any day all day!).

Let's move on to the next phase where again, I see an applied weak link that doesn't need to occur, which is preventing you from jerking 120kg (right now!) What am I talking about? I'm talking about your rear leg and the degree of which you are bending it. It looks way too stiff to me. So what does that mean Fadi, too stiff? It means if you only bend it further and sink in more (knee closer to the platform), your jerk would automatically be locked over your head with much much less effort than you are applying right now. Weightlifters do not use their arms to jerk the weight above head no ...they use their powerful gluteus and quadriceps muscles to do that...arms are no more than your attachment to that Olympic bar.

Fadi.

Thanks...

Um I can power clean only a fraction less than I can clean, I catch it above parallel but I can't hold it above, when my timing is out it does bury me.. I've had time off from another shoulder injury, and work/family commitments, but hope to get back with my coach soon!! I'm pretty new to the sport, so I need to work on all that, but yeah, the guy that coaches me has pretty much said everything you've said, apart from the depth of the jerk thing, though I suspect he will address that the day I cannot jerk what I clean...

I only really started oly lifting in August, then had 3 months off almost once I started from injury, and really only started in December, the comp was early February, and leg strength was gone due to Achilles injury.

Body is almost good again, and I'll get into, all with a bit more confidence, thanks

130kg Axle Clean & Press @ 97kg. First axle session from the ground in over a year so happy, but 140 will go in the near future.

Getting it up to shoulder level looked like the hardest part. Good work.

Out of interest what can you strict press?

how good is the clean and overhead lifts?

All of us AusBB members could put one up, maybe as a sign of respect for the ultimate test of strength (from floor to above head).