• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Clean and Overhead Forum List

I have power cleaned and power jerked 122.5kg with a barbell. I am not that technical with cleaning (much better with the snatch, have snatched 100kg), I more mong it I think.
Strict press is probably at or just shy of 100kg. Best is 103.5kg in the past. I am not awesomely strong I just seem to be able to coordinate my leg drive and the dip to catch. I had 4-5 months of anything legs from start of december, so I am expecting my lift to rocket up as I am now adding in squatting and leg pressing again.

Fadi, since you did a 105kg clean and jerk in 2010 at 80kg bw in 45-49 year group, are you interested in posting a clip in our clean and overhead thread. Just need a video clip or results link.

http://www.wwa.org.au/Masters_Rankin...39;s%20Men.pdf

yeah I'd like to see that too Sparto. Saw a pic of Fadi a few years ago. Fadi has got a very strong looking body.

Hopefully [MENTION=2727]Fadi[/MENTION]; would be so kind as to oblige? :)

110kg power clean at your body weight is pretty solid azz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey, thanks mate. I think I could power clean 120kg+ for 1 rep, I will give it a go on Sunday and throw up the vid (no hope in pressing it though) I had spine surgery last September so my upper body strength is lagging a fair bit compared to my legs.

I'm a little bit confused as to what is required of me here gentlemen. You've got the Masters ranking of 2010 above. I can't seem to be able to find the 1983 ranking anymore, It used to be uploaded on the Qld weightlifting website but they've revamped their whole site. I guess people have just moved on from that era of over 30 years ago now... My lower back is in no position to lift heavy at the moment, but I'm sure I can still manage to lift few kilos above my head with proper technique.,..is this what you guys are after?

Fadi.

fadi, I have you listed in opening thread for both 1982 and 2010 comps, but don't know your best comp results.

If you want to have another go, and your body is up to it, feel free to post a clip.

fadi, I have you listed in opening thread for both 1982 and 2010 comps, but don't know your best comp results.

If you want to have another go, and your body is up to it, feel free to post a clip.
My best comp results were 155kg C&J and 110 snatch at a BW of about 73kg. I'll see what I can do re the clip mate, thanks.

Fadi.

1984?. I will put it up, as you are a forum member.

I also put up non-comp lifts, but only with clip

1984?. I will put it up, as you are a forum member.

I also put up non-comp lifts, but only with clip
My best comp results were 155kg C&J and 110kg snatch at a BW of about 73kg when I was about 18 years old. Best training lifts were 160kg C&J and 115kg hanging snatch, same bodyweight. I'll see what I can do re the clip mate, thanks.

Fadi.

Last edited:
Fadi, my best was 110kg at the hawthorn champs in 1981 or 1982, at about 81kg bw and 21-22 years. I was very skinny at 186cm.
I snatched 95kg same comp. At time I could jerk 137.5kg off rack; did it front of Bill Stellios. I also did a 117.5kg clean and jerk in training around those years.

I later power cleaned 155kg (gym) after years of bb (and a few cycles of drugs), weighing 98kg (1991). Had not lifted for a few years.

In 1996, I power cleaned 135kg, after 3 years off roids.

Did a 115kg power clean in 2011, and hoping for 110kg clean and push press by end of 2014. If I could learn to power jerk again, would go in comp.

Last edited:
Fadi, my best was 110kg at the hawthorn champs in 1981 or 1982, at about 81kg bw and 21-22 years. I was very skinny at 186cm.
I snatched 95kg same comp. At time I could jerk 137.5kg off rack; did it front of Bill Stellios. I also did a 117.5kg clean and jerk in training around those years.

I later power cleaned 155kg (gym) after years of bb (and a few cycles of drugs), weighing 98kg (1991). Had not lifted for a few years.

In 1996, I power cleaned 135kg, after 3 years off roids.

Did a 115kg power clean in 2011, and hoping for 110kg clean and push press by end of 2014. If I could learn to power jerk again, would go in comp.

Some impressive numbers there Sir. My opinion re your power jerk technique is that it's like riding a bicycle, once learned it stays with you....perhaps a bit rusty but nothing you can't re master again in a jiffy.

Fadi.

yes, will have a go, but my coordination for jerk seems lost.

Here is a 2011 clip before serious knee fracture.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfNuxEi1xmA

I actually push pressed that weight a few weeks later.

Used to have a very good jerk, but decades later, I have lost a lot.
What you lack in technique you more than make up for it with heart Sir, I salute you! And yes, that jerk did look like it caused you some lumber region bother,...because you were simply too determined to get it no matter what,. A quality coaches dream of in a lifter!

Please look after yourself, ..you look to me like a gentle giant, ..10/10 for effort!

Fadi.

I was thinking of doing about 4 weeks at 60% of jerks just to get feel and technique right, before upping percentage again.

Push presses I can do ok, quite basic.