• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Clean foods??

doesnt take into account anything to do with the insulin response to foods

and this is the difference between clean and dirty, one is real food that digests and releases into the bloodstream steadily like we were made, the other is refined and blasts into the system causing negative reactions

to some extent its calories in vs calories out, but if your not in perfect health then insulin resistance can be the make or break factor, in which case eating processed shit, even if it fits in your macros will have negative effects like unwanted fat storage and disrupting other hormonal balances in your system

the truth is, there is no right or wrong, theres simply too many variables to say yes or no to clean or dirty, way too many variables

yes good article. but how does one measure their micronutrient intake? its OCD enough measuring every gram of food to meet macros let alone figuring out micros

yes good article. but how does one measure their micronutrient intake? its OCD enough measuring every gram of food to meet macros let alone figuring out micros

Pretty much impossible to measure micros. Just eat a wide range of foods.

Pretty much impossible to measure micros. Just eat a wide range of foods.

that's the point the author makes. it's really about the negative effects of eating by excluding food groups (for whatever reason).
If your diet is restricted, it doesn't matter that what you eat is healthy, you will still miss out on micronutrients that may only be present in foods you have excluded.

the moral is eat a wide range of good food to have confidence in getting all the micros you need.

the insulin response is a whole other discussion.

that's the point the author makes. it's really about the negative effects of eating by excluding food groups (for whatever reason).
If your diet is restricted, it doesn't matter that what you eat is healthy, you will still miss out on micronutrients that may only be present in foods you have excluded.

the moral is eat a wide range of good food to have confidence in getting all the micros you need.

the insulin response is a whole other discussion.

The author makes some great points and is really why I don't like the whole super clean no compromise diets.

I used to actually eat super clean. Problem was the exclusion of food like the author mentioned gave me a borderline eating disorder. Basically I was either eating super clean for months or just going on a total blow out. All it took was one slip up from eating clean and that was the trigger to eat as much junk food as possible until I managed to get myself back on the clean eating diet. Also meant I had no life, hated going out, life revolved around food.

Now If I feel like some chocolate, ice cream, pizza, go out for dinner or whatever I can fit it into my diet and not blow out for months on end. It's much more sustainable and healthier in the long run.

If you have insulin resistance problems your allowance for carbs should be much lower anyway. Staying within that target is more important than the specific food choices, which by default will likely have to better ones anyway due to the low carb allowance.

Totally agree, Bazz.

It always freaks me out when people vilify whole food groups. I had an eating disorder so the whole eating by exclusion for no reason that has any logical/proven basis, rings alarm bells.

If you really don't like a food because you hate the taste/texture/whatever, that's fine and if you cannot eat it (food intol or allergy) then you have to manage or avoid consumption.

I eat what i guess is considered clean most of the time but you can't be too obsessed about it.
80/20 or 90/10 rule works well ... :)

well thank god, especially broccoli and asparagus are clean!

roflmfao.

the author is just showing you what you wanna hear. over and out.

Makes me lol when idiots talk about how bad bananas, carrots, apples and potatoes are. Read on facebook yesterday the comment that fruit is just sugar on a stick.

Makes me wonder what the mental state of the person who wrote that is...

Some peeps on this forum are eating to gain muscle and strength while others are eating to lose fat while others are eating to improve athletic performance. Each of these groups of people will have different calorie goals, and macros breakdowns to achieve their goals.

So work out their diet goals then eat foods that help you get to your goals. As long as the majority of your food choices are healthy a bit of junk every now and then isn't going to make any difference.

tmf.jpg

Makes me lol when idiots talk about how bad bananas, carrots, apples and potatoes are. Read on facebook yesterday the comment that fruit is just sugar on a stick.

Makes me wonder what the mental state of the person who wrote that is...

Some peeps on this forum are eating to gain muscle and strength while others are eating to lose fat while others are eating to improve athletic performance. Each of these groups of people will have different calorie goals, and macros breakdowns to achieve their goals.

So work out their diet goals then eat foods that help you get to your goals. As long as the majority of your food choices are healthy a bit of junk every now and then isn't going to make any difference.

You agree with the author