• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

CREATINE - Magic or Myth

None visually but got an awesome pump going yesterday in shoulders and arms.
Spent the afternoon flexing. Srs. Lol

i just take it in my shakes. 5g per shake 2 times a day on non training days and then just have 10g post workout with protein and glucose.

i've heard and read grape juice is the best thing to have it with but never tried that.

Ta! Seem to remember it didn't taste great with water at the time, but I'm sure its nothing on the "lovely" taste of pure DAA and water, so I'll prob be fine this time around!

Mate don't mix it with water. Put directly in mouth/on tongue. Have a glass of water ready then 'wash it down'. Heaps better, barely taste it, heaps quick to.

Just place it in your mouth, don't try swallowing any until you drink the water, its too dry lol.

don;t laugh or cough when its in your mouth either, shit goes everywhere.

Don't use juice as it changes the chemical structure of the creatine....

Although I do belive that there might be some juices that do not effect it.. Eitherway don't risk it... Just use water or maybe try coffee...

Don't use juice as it changes the chemical structure of the creatine....

Although I do belive that there might be some juices that do not effect it.. Eitherway don't risk it... Just use water or maybe try coffee...

he can use juice if it wants, juice doesn't magically change the chemical structure lolz.

Never knew something so simple could be so confusing to most

Is 5 grams about two teaspoons full?

1 heaped teaspoon is about 5grams for most powder, so i think its about 3g for a "normal" teaspoon

he can use juice if it wants, juice doesn't magically change the chemical structure lolz.

Never knew something so simple could be so confusing to most

Had to go back and reread this thread... There are several comments that creatine taken with citrus juices like orange or pineapple will result in the creatine being converted into createinine.... Ie creatine is rendered useless...

Is this just more broscience????

Had to go back and reread this thread... There are several comments that creatine taken with citrus juices like orange or pineapple will result in the creatine being converted into createinine.... Ie creatine is rendered useless...

I just looked on the side of the tub. It says ... mix in a high-glycemic, non-acidic juice or water.

Totally assuming here... but perhaps acid might render it useless by converting to creatinine , but the high GI part works as a transport mechanism.

sure is.

An insulin spike is the reason for the sugars...

I believe insulin is the transport mechanism for creatine... Although may not be something to worry about...

Sounds like citrus juice is counterproductive with creatine...

An insulin spike is the reason for the sugars...

I believe insulin is the transport mechanism for creatine... Although may not be something to worry about...

Interesting! Hadn't thought of that.

Typically avoiding insulin spikes is "better", I try to eat low GI/GL usually... yet having sports drink with Creatine kinda goes against that.

If it still works well enough with water, might be the way to go.

Interesting! Hadn't thought of that.

Typically avoiding insulin spikes is "better", I try to eat low GI/GL usually... yet having sports drink with Creatine kinda goes against that.

If it still works well enough with water, might be the way to go.

Also the whole GI thing is very limited in its effect... See max brenners sticky in the nutrition thread "canning the 6 meal something or other":cool:

Also the whole GI thing is very limited in its effect... See max brenners sticky in the nutrition thread "canning the 6 meal something or other":cool:

Thanks, will do.

What I will give low GL (rather than just GI) props for - helped my energy levels when I had a fatigue illness.

I took creatine once it done bugger all! I kno everyone raves on about it but isnt it just a cell volumiser? I prefer to add salt to my food for water retention!

Thanks, will do.

What I will give low GL (rather than just GI) props for - helped my energy levels when I had a fatigue illness.

Just to explain my comment a little further...

GI is flawed where it does not take into account the fact that there is a mixture of foods consumed... You can eat a low GI meal and drink an OJ... The OJ would send your insulin on a wild spike anyway...

Notably if you just ate a potato and nothing else GI might be relevant... No-one does this though....Everyone eats a mixture of different foods when feeding...