• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

D aspartic acid question

Quite possibly, but as Carrhart has mentioned some levels of estrogen are actually necessary and beneficial to muscle growth.
There is absolutely no point trying to reduce estrogen to zero, the effect of minimising it somewhat is that the body will respond by making more testosterone.

I don't think an estrogen inhibitor is necessary for most people using D Aspartic Acid, no doubt the concerns came from select users who are very estrogen sensitive. Keep in mind that many people get estrogen sides anyway (think of teenagers with puffy nipples) so for these people anything which elevates any hormonal action will cause some side effects.

The article about combining D Aspartic Acid with another compound is a bit of a laugh too, lack of water solubility does not mean a lack of absorption and if anything prolonging this (as the article states may be an issue with non soluble D Aspartic Acid would only be a positive given twice a day dosage would be typical for most people.

I might of missd it here lads but woud one sup an AI with Clomid?

Would it make any sence to make a supplement that blocked estregen with D-Aspartic Acid added to it, would this combo further improve Test levels ?
Yes it is highly recommended to take some form of estrogen blocker, specifically AI (aromatase inhibitor) based so that estrogen is removed from the body.
The mechanism of D-AA is that of cholesterol transfer into the testes. When the leydig cells within the testes are stimulated to produce testosterone they then recruit cholesterol into the mitochondria of the cell to then convert that cholesterol into testosterone.

The transportation of the cholesterol is through a transport protein known as sTAR, DAA directly increases this protein and thus more cholesterol is able to enter the cells and a higher level of testosterone is produced.

Since this testosterone is created through cholesterol transfer and not estrogen manipulation you end up having more estrogen conversion from your newly created testosterone. Just like when you take a SERM like nolva and clomid which block estrogen from the brain and do not actually physically remove estrogen from the body.

Sorry to bring up an old thread, am looking into buying some daa, so you're suggesting that I should get the normal one instead of paying a premium for the calcium chelate one?

Regular DAA does sit in the digestive tract many users report upset stomachs from this for 2 reasons.
The first reason is there is powder sitting in the digestive tract and the stomach says wtf is this push it out.
The 2nd reason is about 1-2% of people have an inability to digest DAA itself, you will find these people can either take the DAA with a meal and that helps make it a bit better or they cannot use it at all. The biggest one in this is absorption since the powder is not dissolving it wont break down small enough to break the aqueous barrier of the intestines so most of it will pass through without absorbing.

This is why calcium chelate is so so much better it dissolves nearly clear and it doesn't have the shitty acidic taste or chalky texture in the mouth.
Have a look at this comparison video of TransSynergy DAA (DAA-Calcium Chelate and Sarcosine) compared to regular DAA.

TransSynergy DAA is a better version of DAA as it also activates the NMDA receptor which increase the release of LH,FSH, HGH and dopamine, the science is there on this one and if people say it doesn't work you cannot get around the feel good effects that dopamine elicits about 20min after consuming TransSynergy DAA. So with this version you get the cholesterol transport benefits along with the NMDA receptor being activated and it's all absorbing.

Here's my blood results after 4 weeks of 5g a day. I abstained for 2 weeks before getting the test. No before test though, sorry!

Total Test Serum: 876
FSH: 2.1
LH: 4.1
Estradiol: 22.3
ALT: 26
AST: 38

I didn't bother capping. I just mixed it in with my morning coffee along with every other of my supplements

This is the wrong way of testing it out even if it did work for you, taking 5g per day will spike estrogen quite a lot an AI should have been used at the same time.
We have previously seen someone use 6g per day and get gyno from the estrogen increase. More is not always better.

Last edited:
[MENTION=10445]O.N.[/MENTION]; not having a dig, I actually use DAA and suspect it works. But is there anymore studies proving it works other than that Italian one?

In the red corner, the Champ at 5'10 and 73kg, all of it heart, 0ni.

In the blue corner, [MENTION=10445]O.N.[/MENTION]; the Master of internet combat .......... your response please O.N.!

images

Yes it is highly recommended to take some form of estrogen blocker, specifically AI (aromatase inhibitor) based so that estrogen is removed from the body.
The mechanism of D-AA is that of cholesterol transfer into the testes. When the leydig cells within the testes are stimulated to produce testosterone they then recruit cholesterol into the mitochondria of the cell to then convert that cholesterol into testosterone.

The transportation of the cholesterol is through a transport protein known as sTAR, DAA directly increases this protein and thus more cholesterol is able to enter the cells and a higher level of testosterone is produced.

Since this testosterone is created through cholesterol transfer and not estrogen manipulation you end up having more estrogen conversion from your newly created testosterone. Just like when you take a SERM like nolva and clomid which block estrogen from the brain and do not actually physically remove estrogen from the body.

Regular DAA does sit in the digestive tract many users report upset stomachs from this for 2 reasons.
The first reason is there is powder sitting in the digestive tract and the stomach says wtf is this push it out.
The 2nd reason is about 1-2% of people have an inability to digest DAA itself, you will find these people can either take the DAA with a meal and that helps make it a bit better or they cannot use it at all. The biggest one in this is absorption since the powder is not dissolving it wont break down small enough to break the aqueous barrier of the intestines so most of it will pass through without absorbing.

This is why calcium chelate is so so much better it dissolves nearly clear and it doesn't have the shitty acidic taste or chalky texture in the mouth.
Have a look at this comparison video of TransSynergy DAA (DAA-Calcium Chelate and Sarcosine) compared to regular DAA.

TransSynergy DAA is a better version of DAA as it also activates the NMDA receptor which increase the release of LH,FSH, HGH and dopamine, the science is there on this one and if people say it doesn't work you cannot get around the feel good effects that dopamine elicits about 20min after consuming TransSynergy DAA. So with this version you get the cholesterol transport benefits along with the NMDA receptor being activated and it's all absorbing.

This is the wrong way of testing it out even if it did work for you, taking 5g per day will spike estrogen quite a lot an AI should have been used at the same time.
We have previously seen someone use 6g per day and get gyno from the estrogen increase. More is not always better.

What about daa mixed with bi carb soda?, I heard that it makes the ph level more stable and is better absorbed, is daa calcium chelate still a better option?

Wow.
DAA might be bunk?
Does Res100 work??
What about Tococaps???

:eek:

There are so many issues with this study.
1. It's a study of a particular supplement not straight DAA bought from a supplier. Who is to say the supplement was either fake and just had flour in it....or even worse that the company (Better Body Sports, Ventura, CA, USA) had it's product adultered by another supplement company.

Here is a question pertaining to the above: If you were Better Body Sports and provided the DAA, would you allow the results to be published with your company name attached?

I have dealt directly with Darren Willoughby at Baylor University in Texas (same person who conducted this study above) about doing our human trials for Res100 and in our dealings we were told in an agreement pertaining to study data if we wished for the data not to be published for whatever reasons then it wouldn't be published.

So again why would Better Body Sports allow the data to be published.......thats if they knew their product was even involved in this study or 2 why would they supply a supplement that isn't DAA if they were involved or if they weren't which supplement company supplied the product labeled as Better Body Sports.

So yes i highly question the validity of the study and the supplement that was used.

You have many studies which do show it works in either humans or rats (and yes the rat data is still relevant) I personally would like to see another human trial of DAA with the DAA purchased through sigma or the likes so it is proven to be actual DAA and re-test it again.

The study you have posted brings into question many things about the study as I have said and either Baylor or another university should test real DAA again.

What about daa mixed with bi carb soda?, I heard that it makes the ph level more stable and is better absorbed, is daa calcium chelate still a better option?

It will not dissolve just mixing it with something else, DAA-Calcium chelate is an amino acid bonding not 2 ingredients. Having it dissolve is whats is resulting in absorption nothing to do with pH levels or mixing with bi carb soda.

Wow.
DAA might be bunk?
Does Res100 work??
What about Tococaps???

:eek:

Res100 reviews and before/after blood tests - Res100 Reviews and Blood tests | Wicked Supplements
TocoCaps reviews - TocoCaps Wicked Supplements
3-pics.jpg

Last edited:
"It's a study of a particular supplement not straight DAA bought from a supplier. Who is to say the supplement was either fake and just had flour in it....or even worse that the company (Better Body Sports, Ventura, CA, USA) had it's product adultered by another supplement company. "

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

"It's a study of a particular supplement not straight DAA bought from a supplier. Who is to say the supplement was either fake and just had flour in it....or even worse that the company (Better Body Sports, Ventura, CA, USA) had it's product adultered by another supplement company. "

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

If you were Better Body Sports and provided the DAA, would you allow the results to be published with your company name attached?
I have dealt directly with Darren Willoughby at Baylor University in Texas (same person who conducted this study above) about doing our human trials for Res100 and in our dealings we were told in an agreement pertaining to study data if we wished for the data not to be published for whatever reasons then it wouldn't be published.

So again why would Better Body Sports allow the data to be published.......thats if they knew their product was even involved in this study or 2 why would they supply a supplement that isn't DAA if they were involved or if they weren't which supplement company supplied the product labeled as Better Body Sports.

So yes i highly question the validity of the study and the supplement that was used.

THIS IS ONE STUDY WHICH HAS HOLES IN IT, YOU CAN COMPARE IT TO ANOTHER STUDY WHICH HAS NO HOLES IN IT...... http://www.biomedcentral.com/content/pdf/1477-7827-7-120.pdfStudien?vis=1377563406.13996800002956

Remember in 2012 Bulk Nutrients announced that Sydney University or University of Western Sydney was conducting research on DAA. Member @haz ; said he was involved in the research. Then we have heard nothing since.

http://ausbb.com/showthread.php?t=21104

Last edited:
Um, I think over 4 weeks the results weren't unanimous for an increase in test, some people responded and some did not. I was in the placebo group. I don't think it has been published yet.

It is my understanding that the researcher is doing a follow up for 12 weeks, which is currently being run. There must have been something happening for the researcher to want to do a longer trial.